Random Shovel

Name
nathan
Edit My Images
Yes
Tried looking up some history on this but can't seem to find any, theres no memorial plate or anything but its a set of shovels almost mining equipment i think in Cardiff bay. thought they were an interesting subject to shoot, what you guys think?:

Bute Shovel LE by brownin1988, on Flickr

I like it (ish) - love the composition but for me a bit of off camera flash to give a bit more definition and detail to the shovel head would have worked wonders.

I like it (ish) - love the composition but for me a bit of off camera flash to give a bit more definition and detail to the shovel head would have worked wonders.

thank you for your comments. I thought the same after I processed it however I don't actually own a flash gun yet so fatal flaw in that plan, maybe i'll return at dusk with more definition in the sky and a little more light until I get a flash I can use off camera

Or you could do a spot of lightpainting. Torch, phone, bike light - it's all good fun!

Yeah it has. Look at the brightness of the windows, and the detail in the sky between the trees then compare first and second. If you were using layers it may be you just need to clean off the top layer again.

Back