MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
What a great first attempt!

For me i'd like to see a bit more light on the lower part of the car. The wheels and black bodywork just need a little more definition.

The top part of the car is perfcet. Lucky with the location too. Works really well
The Evoque is such a photogenic car.

Nice!

Black wheels don't help, but not much you can do about that.
where's the number plate?

For me i'd like to see a bit more light on the lower part of the car. The wheels and black bodywork just need a little more definition.

The top part of the car is perfcet. Lucky with the location too. Works really well
The Evoque is such a photogenic car.

I will have a little try and pull a little detail out of that when I get home :D as I boosted the black's a little in RAW so this will have taken a little detail out from that region I should be able to pull a little more from it :D

The location was perfect hence why I thought that I should give it a go, jolly decent of whoever's car it is to park it there :LOL:

Outstanding! How many shots is this image made from?

Cheesy

Thanks, This is a single exposure :D with multiple flash busts from different points on the car (y)

Nice!

Black wheels don't help, but not much you can do about that.
where's the number plate?

Indeed they really didn't help :eek: as to the numberplate, I've removed it in PP (y) I always take the number plate out or at least obscure it, in this case I've removed it totally as it really helped the nice clean lines of the vehicle (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

I love it, even with the lack of wheel detail (although it would have been the icing on the cake). What I think works particularly well, and I'm guessing this wasn't planned, is how the light trail of the passing car nicely obscures a few parked cars in the background that might have otherwise left it looking cluttered. Top job!

Really nice to see one of these images that hasn't taken days of Photoshop merging to produce, and it's very well done indeed.

I love it, even with the lack of wheel detail (although it would have been the icing on the cake). What I think works particularly well, and I'm guessing this wasn't planned, is how the light trail of the passing car nicely obscures a few parked cars in the background that might have otherwise left it looking cluttered. Top job!

Indeed the light trail was a consideration to hide the cars, what wasn't was the fact that the light trail comes exactly out of the headlight on the driver's side :LOL: :cool:

Really nice to see one of these images that hasn't taken days of Photoshop merging to produce, and it's very well done indeed.

Thanks :D I do love light painting but for me it's all about the single exposure for light painting but if I do stack images I always use the automated software (y)

very nice

Thank you

Matt

Great effort Matt, I can't wait to have a go at one of these myself. Really like the colours and composition, it's just a shame the wheels and lower part of the car aren't as lit as the top.

Is that in Broadway? It looks great, I've a friend who works at Gaydon and he's been driving them around a lot and it's a fantastic looking vehicle, I do hope it's a sales success for Tata as they sure are trying very hard.

Great effort Matt, I can't wait to have a go at one of these myself. Really like the colours and composition, it's just a shame the wheels and lower part of the car aren't as lit as the top.

Thanks Ben, I'm just working on a new version of this image (y) trying to bring some more light into the lower area :D bring a little more detail into the blacks :D

sweet pic! :)

Matt

I am going to go againt the grain here and say the bottom of the pic is fine. I like it the way it is. There is anough detail there to say there are wheels and an underside to the car but I think it matches the top of the pic which is dark too it gives it a sirt of balance.

spike

Is that in Broadway? It looks great, I've a friend who works at Gaydon and he's been driving them around a lot and it's a fantastic looking vehicle, I do hope it's a sales success for Tata as they sure are trying very hard.

Indeed it is Broadway, I was down there with work last night ;) and saw this outside the hotel that I was at, I couldn't resist having a photo of it, talking with friends I have at JLR it sound's like it's going to work well for them since it's selling faster than they can build them at the moment (y)

I am going to go againt the grain here and say the bottom of the pic is fine. I like it the way it is. There is anough detail there to say there are wheels and an underside to the car but I think it matches the top of the pic which is dark too it gives it a sirt of balance.

spike

Cheers Spike, I can certainly see where your coming from with your comments :D it does balance the image up :D though having said that I've now done and edit to see about bringing out that little bit of extra detail :D

Land Rover / Ranger Rover Evoque / Broadway / 2011 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

I still prefere the first one, the sparkles of the lights is taken away slightly by the shineyness of the front wheel.

For me the focal point was the white body with everything else going on around it now that has been taken away slightly with the brighter underside.

Just my point of view others may say different.

spike

I still prefere the first one, the sparkles of the lights is taken away slightly by the shineyness of the front wheel.

For me the focal point was the white body with everything else going on around it now that has been taken away slightly with the brighter underside.

Just my point of view others may say different.

spike

I'm undecided if I'm honest, it's one of the first times I've actually liked a car that's painted white :LOL:

Matt

Fantastic image Matt, really liking that.(y)

Lovely car too, had a close-up look at one at Gatcombe Park a couple of months ago, I'm sure I left some drool on the seat. :LOL:

Fantastic image Matt, really liking that.(y)

Lovely car too, had a close-up look at one at Gatcombe Park a couple of months ago, I'm sure I left some drool on the seat. :LOL:

Thank you :D They are truly stunning to look at :D you can clearly see where this design has been influenced by the Range Stormer Concept that was done a number of years ago :D

As I posted above I'm working on getting one to play with photographically soon :naughty: I'm trying hard :D

As we were walking round the cross-country course at Gatcombe I got talking to a chap with a dog similar to ours who mentioned he was working there over the weekend.
On one of the trade stalls? I asked. Sort of, he said, I'm on the Land Rover stand with the new Evoke, I'm product manager. :cool:
I did mention a test drive but I think selective deafness set in pretty quickly. :LOL:

As we were walking round the cross-country course at Gatcombe I got talking to a chap with a dog similar to ours who mentioned he was working there over the weekend.
On one of the trade stalls? I asked. Sort of, he said, I'm on the Land Rover stand with the new Evoke, I'm product manager. :cool:
I did mention a test drive but I think selective deafness set in pretty quickly. :LOL:

Indeed that selective deafness, TBH getting the car shouldn't be too much of an issue :naughty: I have a couple of friends that should be able to swing it for me :D It's getting the time, I'm very busy at the weekends at the moment :bang:

Matt

this is good mate, i have a range sport, but i love the new ones, this image is very good im seriously impressed :)

Matt this is your best shot so far (for me) you really have caught me with this one. Keep up the fantastic work. Tony

Cheers Tony :D I was in the perfect location for the photo as far as I was concerned I'm glad you like it so much (y)

this is good mate, i have a range sport, but i love the new ones, this image is very good im seriously impressed :)

Thank you :D I have a P38A myself (y) I've always drove LR vehicles right from learning to drive and I've never wanted not to, except maybe on the odd trip to the petrol station maybe, but those times that you have to do the odd special thing with them makes that all worth while, such as pulling cars out of ditches etc (y) and getting about in the snow when we have it

liking this very much :)

Thank you (y)

hi Matthew
i HATE those new landrovers...they are so far out of my £££ range..:LOL:

love the tree..wont refer to the car again
cheers
geof

Hey Geof, I cannot afford the new ones myself :D I'll own one of these at some point (y) maybe in 5-10 years once there are some reasonable ones on the S/H market, I've never owned a brand new car and unless my lottery numbers come up I never will :LOL:

I'm pleased you like the picture though :D

Matt
MWHCVT

Well Matt, a light trail was compulsory, wasn't it? ;)

Nice image. The tree sparkles are very 'of the moment'!

The angle accentuates the waistline/roofline convergence used in the design of this car.

I quite like the Evoque, but I'd take my old Defender any day over a new Land Rover. Most of these won't see anything more 'off-road' than a grass verge!

Great edit Mathew. You've managed to get enough detail back without detracting from the rest of the car :clap:

Well Matt, a light trail was compulsory, wasn't it? ;)

Nice image. The tree sparkles are very 'of the moment'!

The angle accentuates the waistline/roofline convergence used in the design of this car.

I quite like the Evoque, but I'd take my old Defender any day over a new Land Rover. Most of these won't see anything more 'off-road' than a grass verge!

Indeed it was :LOL: but then I have to do at least one a week or I start to get withdrawal symptoms :naughty: I must admit I really miss my of girl my 1977 Series 3 88incher but I'm too used to the comfort now :LOL: I still chuck my P38 about though (y) SEE HERE

Great edit Mathew. You've managed to get enough detail back without detracting from the rest of the car :clap:

Thanks, the detail was there with the original RAW I just slid the blacks slider in PP a little too far :LOL: and lost too much detail :eek: I'm pleased that you like it (y)

Matt

Wow! I thought the first one was good, but the second is superb - I really have to try this technique!

Cheesy

Great image. Like it the way it is.

Thank you, I'm really pleased with it myself :D

Wow! I thought the first one was good, but the second is superb - I really have to try this technique!

Cheesy

Thanks Cheesy, It's just shows a bit of great C&C can really improve an image :D I'm really pleased with the feedback, it's what makes TP so wonderful (y) you should give it a go (y) it's such a satisfying type of photography :D

Matt

Thats' really good. I've just got my new flashgun and will be doing automotive light painting but not tried yet as I'm yet to go out to a location without orange street lights. However, this pic shows that pics can look great even against an orange background. I'll be practicising this very soon.

Brilliant Matt, great backdrop, :clap:

Thanks Dave :D

Thats' really good. I've just got my new flashgun and will be doing automotive light painting but not tried yet as I'm yet to go out to a location without orange street lights. However, this pic shows that pics can look great even against an orange background. I'll be practicising this very soon.

Thanks, I deliberately shot this with a very small apature to get the nice star effect from the lights :D I look forward to seeing what your able to do with light painting (y) don't forget to check out Andrews guide on his blog as it's a great read (y) that can be found HERE

Matt

I agree with that /\ nice work :)

The white balance to the paintwork looks a little cold to me though. A masked B&W layer can help with this (y)

Merging multiple layers doesnt take me days to do either :|

I agree with that /\ nice work :)

The white balance to the paintwork looks a little cold to me though. A masked B&W layer can help with this (y)

Merging multiple layers doesnt take me days to do either :|

Thanks (y) I'm pleased that you like it, I'm please that a first attempt at light painting at car can get such a great response, can I ask do you think that there needs to be even more light on the lower area than there is in the edit :thinking:

I'm not sure but I think the main reason that the WB on the car looks a little cold is because the surrounding area is so warm :thinking: thanks to the Christmas lights :thinking:

Matt

can I ask do you think that there needs to be even more light on the lower area than there is in the edit :thinking:
Much more imo, I'm having trouble making out the wheel design here, though the black wheels wont be helping you. This is one reason why I do more light passes with more exposures tbh, some may just be for individual wheels.. If you've got the light info from the shoot you can then choose to use it of not later on, whereas if you dont have it at all..

I'm not sure but I think the main reason that the WB on the car looks a little cold is because the surrounding area is so warm :thinking: thanks to the Christmas lights :thinking:
The WB of the paintwork fits better in no1 imo

Back