Rankin Live

• Thread starter Deleted member 95430
  • Start date
I've never quite got the appeal of Rankin. He's work is obviously good but it's never given me the wow of a Schoeller or Grob.

I agree. Also for £500 I'd hope to get at least a few of the files – not just one 8x10, an Insta jpeg and some 'reference PDFs' to help me buy more prints!

Martin Parr does these sometimes (in Bristol usually) and if I was going to spend the money then I think I'd get a much more interesting portrait...

I didn't realise this was on and walked through Carnaby street at the weekend. The was a notice in the window for photoshoots starting at £100 and walk-ins were welcome.

There were shoots in progress and you could watch through the window, there was tethered shooting and a monitor facing out into the street. tbh they just looked like normal black and white portraits.. Rankin didn't move far from his stool and had a large team working for him, employing people to hold lights not light stands ;)

Rankin didn't move far from his stool and had a large team working for him, employing people to hold lights not light stands
Ah the famous VAL (voice activated lightstand) not the cheapest lightstand, but the quickest way of working :p

Back