Rannoch Moor.

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Couple of shots from Monday morning's trip.

IMG_4607cropwee8.jpg

IMG_4585cropwee8.jpg

#1 for me. I prefer the colours and composition, though both of them are very tranquil. Well worth the early start.

Thanks Russell, what struck me as strange was that both were taken at nearly the same time, from each side of the road, yet the sun caught 1 so differently.

ahhh, a lovely part of the world. Must get up there again soon.

#1 for me as the colours and reflection really set it off.

I like number 2 but there's something just detracting from the horizon, I'm assuming its low cloud? - unfortunately this draws my eye.

Both very nice tranquil shots but #1 for me :)

Thanks Russell, what struck me as strange was that both were taken at nearly the same time, from each side of the road, yet the sun caught 1 so differently.

I regularly do that: take one or two images from one side of the road and then cross the road and take the images again. The differences can be considerable; both light and water seem to change dramatically. You seem to have used the difference to advantage with these two images.

Can't make up my mind,but I think 1 has the edge because the water gives a sense of depth.

Both great, but No 1 just has the edge. (y)

Andy

Good set with nice colours and composition.

Do like the low cloud/mist in the background of no 2 and its reflection. It is a lovely river lead into the image with good reflections, but I find my eyes are drawn down the river to a large featureless sky. imo I think this image would work better if you cropped some from of the top of the image - to just above the tree on the RH side.

Back