Rapeseed Field

Edit My Images
No
My arms are about to fall off, they're burnt that much after driving around today.. truckers arm is an under statement.

Anyway, on the way back from Formby, I stopped off at a rather lovely rapeseed field. I actually meant to get this last year but somehow never managed it. Anyway, this time, I took the opportunity of a glorious day, got burnt and took a few of photos :) - CPL on.

552181743_BFQuo-L.jpg

Image Date: 2009:06:01 13:59:51
Focal Length: 18.0mm
Exposure Time: 0.0040 s (1/250)
Aperture: f/8.0
ISO equiv: 100
Exposure Bias: -0.33

552155406_HxHnB-L.jpg

Image Date: 2009:06:01 14:01:41
Focal Length: 18.0mm
Exposure Time: 0.0010 s (1/1000)
Aperture: f/3.5

552156174_XnKyF-L.jpg

Image Date: 2009:06:01 14:04:06
Focal Length: 105.0mm
Exposure Time: 0.0005 s (1/2000)
Aperture: f/3.5

Thanks all. Appreciate the comments.

Fortunately, I didn't come out covered in Yellow..I was stood right on the edge of the field so didn't go wading in.. heh

Very nice set. The CPL has really done justice to the sky in No.1 - awesome.

Nice set, the sky is really good and great colours in all.

Cheers. CPL is probably one of the best pieces of kit I think :)

That first shot is delicious. I've been aching to get a shot such as that, but no idea if there are any rape seed fields nearby to me.

That first shot is delicious. I've been aching to get a shot such as that, but no idea if there are any rape seed fields nearby to me.

Cheers :)

Oh I'm sure there are tonnes in Yorkshire. A quick google shows there to be some near Selby and also there is a production line of Rapeseed in Collingham, W. Yorks that grows, presses and bottles rapeseed oil.

No2 is my favorite of the set. Absolutely love it! Not that there's anything wrong with No1 either ;)

A rapeseed field is definitely one that's on my "tick list". Looks like I've left it too late again this year :(

When I do get the shot I know what I'm aspiring to now :clap:

Really nice set. They really say 'summer' to me and the contrast between the yellow and blue is great.

Grendel, I dunno ya know, they're starting to really come out in force now and I reckon the fields will be around for a little while yet. I'd say get out there, find one and take some sun tan cream... Cheers again :)

Garry, thanks :). Good way of putting it. They really are the iconic sign of summer. . unfotunately, my face and arms are also showing it too.. hehe :)

Cheers both Grahams :)

I'm gonna search for another field with more horizon detail if I can (based on suggestions I've had :) )

All fantastic shots, I think hayfeaver would kill me if I tried to get those!!

Thanks Julie. Fortunately, I have no allergies to anything so rather lucky in that respect :)

Back