rapeseed near Bristol

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
I'm looking for some photogenic field near Bristol. I.e. some rolling hills, maybe a lone tree or a barn, or perhaps some mountains (that would be Wales) further down... Anything with Glastonbury tor in the view?

Suggestions please (y)

Tomas, I'm going to be heading to Sixpenny Handley to shoot the Dutch Barn in the not too distant future. There is also a Windfarm just past Swindon in Shrivenham thats surrounded by Rapeseed fields. These might again, be a bit to far for you, and again, if you fancy it, drop me a pm for a meet! Sorry I don't know of anything closer, I don't tend to head Bristol bound too often.

Tomas, I'm going to be heading to Sixpenny Handley to shoot the Dutch Barn in the not too distant future. There is also a Windfarm just past Swindon in Shrivenham thats surrounded by Rapeseed fields. These might again, be a bit to far for you, and again, if you fancy it, drop me a pm for a meet! Sorry I don't know of anything closer, I don't tend to head Bristol bound too often.

Thanks for advice. It could be a weekend job potentially, but ideally I was looking for something close after work in the evening (provided there will be sun out again :LOL:)

I drove past the Dutch Barn at Sixpenny Handley heading down to Dorset yesterday, and the field doesn't seem to have any Rapeseed this year! Majorly disappointing!

Lots around Swindon Jake. Try heading south over the Downs to Marlborough or go along the A4 towards Hungerford.

There's also usually huge fields around the back of Whitton windmill or around the back of Sevenake forest but I've not looked so far. This was a couple of years ago:

134880810.jpg

I haven't been out to the windmill in quite a while! I'll have to head over there on sunday! I was on the downs on Monday and there is a lot dotted about!

Back