Rapeseed sunset landscapes

Name
Mike Simpson
Edit My Images
Yes
My first time doing some landscapes for a LONG time, but here we go..

I know they are all very similar, but i wasn't sure which one was the best so used them all :p

image1.png

image2.png

image3.png

Interesting choice of framing. Which to be honest is so overpowering it's distracting me.

I think the overly blown sky isn't working for me and the viewpoint is a little high. I'd have preferred to see you right in amongst the rape so that we have some clear flower heads in the foreground.

1 and 3 dont do anything for me - number 2 is the best shot by far... Would have been much better if you had got down much lower!

Nice pic though :)

No.2 for me aswell. The third one could be sooo much better (and therefore becoming excellent) if you crop half of the sky away, as there is just too much intensity in the sky at the moment.

Very creative!

You see this is a time for bracteting. I actually really like them, the sky does kind of ruin them a bit though.

EDIT: the sky is also quite soft which is a shame, did you use a tripop or did you have to hand hold? What F number did you use?

Last edited:
Quite like them - how about a couple of weeks later when all the flowers willl be out?

You see this is a time for bracteting. I actually really like them, the sky does kind of ruin them a bit though.

EDIT: the sky is also quite soft which is a shame, did you use a tripop or did you have to hand hold? What F number did you use?

These are bracketed, the blown part is the sun which was behind a thin cloud, it was too intense to expose for. :thumbsdown:

These are handheld, and purposefully taken at f/2.8 for the low DOF

Back