Ratcliffe Power Station, Sunset

Name
Paul Tomlinson
Edit My Images
No
_A0V0063copy.jpg

I took this shot tonight on my way home from work of the power station that is close to the City of Nottingham, the power station is called Ratcliffe and you can see this station from many miles away, please let me know what you think and have you seen this power station before on your travels through Nottinghamshire.

Paul Tomo(y)

I think that's great. Good strong silhouettes and the colours in the sky are super (y)

I think power stations make great landmarks, they're something I look out for when I'm doing long journeys. I'm from Nottinghamshire and I do know this one, it's the chimneys I always notice first :)

Nice shot. Works well as a strong graphic image. I used to be able to see this power station out of my bedroom window when I was growing up but with only two cooling towers as the rest were hidden behind the front 2 from that angle.

Great shot - love the deep orange sky. I was driving past there on the motorway a couple of weeks ago and there was a really clear rainbow behind it, so I dived off the motorway to get the shot, but by the time I got in position the rainbow had gone :bang:

lovely shot there Paul, i see this in the distance from the Lincoln vales and near a village called Leadenham, Lincs, there are others i can see too like the one near Torksey, Gainsborough all gas fired stations.

Great picture, certainly doesnt look that good the millions of times I have stared at it from being stuck in traffic

Thank you all very much for your comments its on my doors step i will upload some black and white on 35mm that i have also took of the towers for you all to see. Thanks again guys (y)

Ah the river Soar - had some great days fishing there when I was a nipper . . . . . :)

Cracking photo by the way . . .

Lovely shot, taken from the Nottingham side I'm guessing since it's sunset?
I've got a shot of the place lined up from the Derby side, I just need the weather, light, smoke output and my free time all to coincide so I can go and take it.

Back