Critique Rattray Head: Golden hour and dusk. No reflections either.

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I cannot stop finding images on the card that I just have to process. Both cropped 4x3 and one taken just at sunset and one not long after.

I quite like the central framing on these, I have others on a previous thread set off the center

_DSC9396 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_DSC9404 (2) by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

See I do other stuff than just reflections just to silence the haters.

Last edited:
Love the warm colours against the cooler blue of the first shot. Nicely done.

Reactions: ST4
#1 is my pick great light and tones, Im sure I can see a reflection there ;)

Two nice shots Steve different moods which is good.

I'm a sucker for sunset colours- subtle or full on so it's got to be no. 1 for me which also help add some depth to the lighthouse. It stands out from the background well just through physical seperation but the second with no shadows or colour tone has little depth.

As to the crop- personal choice- up to you which you prefer

I'm a sucker for sunset colours- subtle or full on so it's got to be no. 1 for me which also help add some depth to the lighthouse. It stands out from the background well just through physical seperation but the second with no shadows or colour tone has little depth.

As to the crop- personal choice- up to you which you prefer

Thanks. As we discussed it's an epic place where you can really play with the city position. To the left, to the right or in the middle.

Yeah, number 1, not that number 2 is shabby. I think the warmer tones of the sky (light) versus the cooler tones of the water add more to the image.

Both nice, but with the central positioning having the lighthouse hit by warm light sets it off better for me, so 1.

The opening lighthouse is gorgeous :)

I really like that, don't be calling me a hater now!!!

There is one particular poster who calls me out for doing reflections and producing images "that look the same" that has not even commented on the thread :) (Don't worry its not you)

I find that interesting.

I like both the warm and cool versions, it's a striking building and the central composition really helps that.

Back