RAW files from Canon 70D

Name
mick
Edit My Images
No
Anyone any idea why my RAW files from a canon 70d should save at a constant 21000k... means the first thing I have to do is adjust colour balance as the temperature colour cast is far to high.. had a look around menus but nothing obvious springs to view.. anyone any ideas or is this just a default?

I'll ask the obvious....are you using "custom white balance"?

Bob

no use mainly auto wb tbh... I have been using a 550 prior to this and haven't experienced this kind of thing although open to the fact this could be a cause.. never really considered it do you think trying to set the wb to conditions may help?

It was the opposite Mick....making sure that you hadn't got a custom WB set and were using it by default.

I would recommend using a good white balance filter on the scene, such as the clearwhite system and using custom white balance with it. Does a great job and little if any need to change your colors in post processing. Especially if you're doing a lot of serious work it will help your workflow and you won't have to question if your tired eyes are not seeing subtle color casts correctly. Wow 21000? That is way way too high! Something must be set very wrong.

Thanks for that Leonard I'll at least take a look at the clearwhite system ( never heard of it before)... yes that's what I thought about the 21000k that's why I was asking whether anyone else had had a similar experience. There must be something deep inside set to something it shouldn't really be but beggared if I can find it at the mo... the search continues :)

Hmmm, strange. Out of curiosity, can you convert a few of your RAW files to dng format, then see what color temp shows in ACR for the dng format? Should be the same but who knows.

Back