RaymondLin's Nifty Fifty fun comp thread

and another
1733269785_02a31a6f0c_o.jpg

Ok I'll play
Scuse the crap cloning it had a leaf growing outta it head
f/2.2 1/250 ISO 200 focal length? Guess :D

IMG_5697-copy.jpg

The detail in that is wonderful Cobra, I do love this lens :love:

Cheers birdy, the fifty is only a recent addition, I wasn't actually gonna bother but it came at a good price from a forum member. Glad I did (y)

I would have but I committed the ultimate sin and took my camera out with no CF in it switched it on only to see the message "no CF" I could of cried, all night I had to sit there unable to photo my daughters birthday :bang:
Bob :wacky:

Do these count as Nifty Fifty shots? They were taken with an old K-mount Chinon 50mm f1.4 lens on my Canon 400D.

1498361921_48cd3d4a17.jpg

1233806004_1ef6dea92d.jpg

I was considering getting a new 50mm but as long as I can put up with manual focus I think I'll stick it out.

Inaglo that is a great shot I didnt know a nifty was that good Tha detail is superb:clap:
Bob

1952469052_a69c8cfedd_b.jpg

Had my first real play with mine the last couple of days ;)

What's going on in that pic Jo, with the lighter 'ghosts' of the turbine blades?

It's effectivly an HDR shot, but the lower part (the ground) is a layer from only one of the exposures if that makes sense?

Thats a great shot Jo.. :clap: It really looks like their moving.. VERY fast!! lol.. (y)

Ok, heres my attempt.. id only just got the lens that day..

Midnight1.jpg

I ordered one of these a couple of days ago. Can't wait to have a play now I've seen what can be acheived with it.

Some nice shots. Stuart, the ones of the dog are hilarious!

All my photos are taken with a nifty fifty as it's the only lens I can afford. I broke mine last week :shake: but thankfully Moley's been letting me borrow his.
A few of my best:

_MG_3231.jpg
_MG_3543.jpg

_MG_3357.jpg

loving the one of the little boy (y)

:thinking: close ups of snow dizzle? ;)

ok, its been wet and miserable so got some flowers, the 50mm and set them up in th econservatory so I could use as much natural light as possible. This has had about a 30% crop, as the 50 won't focus quite as close in as i wanted for this shot, but I love the detail :love:

tulip1.jpg

Hi,

This is my 1st attempt at linking a photo so hope it works, It's as it came out the camera apart from a resize for posting here.

This was taken with a 400D f2, 1/60th, iso400 and a fair bit of luck. :)

mouse_eating_seed.JPG
[/IMG]

Just been having a look through all the pics on this part of the forum, I've read a bit about the Nifty Fifty and I think it's about time I added it to my most wanted list and not too expensive either, that's the best bit.

I think santa is bringing me one :D

I'm looking for a nifty fifty do you know where i can get a good deal on one?

Thanks
John

what do you call that type of photo with the light lines so i can search for it?

Cheers I couldnt search for it as I didnt know what it was called.

Got me a nifty for Christmas - manual focus (got a D40) is taking a bit of getting used to! A lot of blurry photos at the mo!

I bought a nifty fifty with my xmas tokens :) Had it with me on a walk about town this afternoon. here are a few i took.

IMG_4639.jpg

IMG_4672.jpg

IMG_4711.jpg

Hey!! I've joined the club!! Got a nifty for Christmas.
Only tried it on the Xmas snaps so far but it looks to be a great lens.
IMG_5116_0775x800.jpg

Got me a nifty for Christmas - manual focus (got a D40) is taking a bit of getting used to! A lot of blurry photos at the mo!

Don't worry fella, you soon get used to it. Also have a look at katz eye focusing screens as an option? and one other thing, I think I know you! (actually, I've just looked at your flickr so I might be wrong but I do know a couple of different foggy's from molesey, one of them is even called chris!)

Back