raynox dcr 2020

Edit My Images
No
thinking of buying one to use with my panasonic dmc fz50 bridge camera!
anybody got/used one?
any comments would be welcome

Probably not much help as I have a Raynox wide-angle converter for my Canon Powershot - different camera and very different lens. To be honest while Raynox's product can't really be faulted for what it does..........one has to end up thinking that in most instances you'd be better off getting a camera that is designed to take interchangeable lenses from the off - in other words an SLR.

My little Raynox lens is used only occasionally when I can't be bothered taking my SLR with me, and I guess if you're talking about a 200mm zoom lens that won't really be a consideration. These add-on lenses are always going to be a compromise in that they are designed to be used on any camera and are therefore not going to be optimised for any particular one. They're okay for what they do within limits but maybe you should consider saving your money and getting an SLR?

Some test shots here - http://www.lensmateonline.com/newsite/A650tele.html

The actually get pretty good reviews on here. You may know the 202 is the more powerful of the set (compared to the 120 and 250) however this might be a good thing for a bridge camera with a smaller sensor, as you will inherently have a larger depth of field, allowing great magnification without a tiny DoF.
I'd say go for it, you can always whack it on an SLR if you upgrade anyway.

Back