Raynox DCR-250 Macro Attachment

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Fine with that lens, prolly best between 100-200mm.

Thanks Richard :) now on order, I think its a lot cheaper than buying a dedicated macro lens.

It works well on just about any lens over 50mm. It's not a pukka macro lens but because of the way most close ups are taken, you might never know the difference. Couldn't be easier to use, and the zoom adds a lot of flexibility in terms of framing and distance.

For the benefit of others, here are a few thousand images taken with the DCR-250. Not bad for £30 :) There is also a less strong version, the DCR-150, which is better for less extreme close-ups like flowers and stuff.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/raynoxdcr250/

I know you've already ordered but just wanted to say that I use mine most with my 55-200 - it's a great little accessory, you won't regret buying it (y)

Excellent thanks for the feedback everyone, can't wait to try it now! No idea what amazon/royal mail's deliveries are like at the moment though.

I went to my local Royal mail depot on Christmas eve to collect a parcel that was 5 working days late, and the person behind the counter said that all post that was sent after the xmas deadline was just in a great big pile waiting to be sorted, so I'd imagine it's still a little bit slow at the moment.

Hello Ianc or anyone who read this post!! before purchasing Raynox 250 i really love to have your valuable suggestions.. hope your order raynox 250 had arrived and u did alots of work with nikkor 55-300 lens... i have a few questions.. hope you won't mind
1. did the combination of raynox 250 and nikkor 55-300 work for you.... how much did you love it??
2. is it possible to have handheld decent shots with this combination??
3. some review says there occurs serious vignetting around 55-200 range in this lens... is it true??
4. i m new in macro photography... do you recommend me to buy raynox 250??
much thanx in advance....

Last edited:
Back