RC fans?

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I know there's a few people on here that are fans of RC cars, planes and helicopters etc. Where do you buy all your RC stuff from? I want to get back into the hobby and get myself a decent car and also some cheaper ones for the kids but still good ones. It's been a long time since I bought anything for my old cars and they're all broken lol.

I've had loads of nitro cars in the past ranging from your normal 1/10 scale to a 1/5 scale monster truck with a strimmer engine. I fancy getting an electric one this time because I spent more time fixing my nitros more than I did using them. Im aiming towards the idea of a stadium truck for off roading.

I also have a few boats that need some work doing on them. I also made a jet boat from complete scratch to all my own design...it crashed haha. Not the design I may add lol was drunk and wasn't paying attention.

Feel free to show off your models in here. Mine are all bits and bobs that are scattered here, there and everywhere.

Last edited:
this is the one and only nitro car iv'e owned a while back

great fun but there one of those things that every time i take it for a spin i ended up breaking something :(

Exactly why I want an electric one. My nitro cars were the same lol

Big RC fan here. I buy most of my stuff as import.

My current project is this

IMG_4033 by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

IMG_4034 by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

IMG_4035 by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

It's an axial SCX10 rock crawler. It has locked diffs front and rear and 4 link suspension so will climb over almost anything.
The winch works and is operated by the switch that looks like a gear stick.

It's still a work in progress but it's fab to drive.

Massive FPV and flying fan here.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/index.asp

Where I get some of my parts.

tumblr_n6nlacR0xS1sb7qm1o3_1280.jpg

:)

Forgot I made this thread lol. Nice models.
Massive FPV and flying fan here.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/index.asp

Where I get some of my parts.

tumblr_n6nlacR0xS1sb7qm1o3_1280.jpg

:)

I would have bought some plans off you;) I've just gone and dug to the bottom of my wallet and more to order a DJI phantom 2 quadcopter with 3D gimbal and GoPro lol. Still looking to get a car but unsure what. Where I am is mostly offroad but I like the drifting cars with being a bit of a drift nut myself:rolleyes: limited areas I could use an RC drift car where I am though.

Last edited:
Used to be well into it about 6 years ago. Got rid though as I couldn't spare the hours it took to strip and clean my Hyper 8 every weekend. Used to be active on the Got Nitro forum as SirTodge, and used to go to the Dartford Race Track.

My car was sweet too :-( H8, RBWS7 III ported and polished.

Used to get most of my stuff from JESpares.

A few months ago I decided to get the RC cars from Tamiya that I lusted after when I was very active in the RC scene in the early 80s. Back then I was just 13 so could only afford the Grasshopper. I wanted the Hornet, and to hop up the Grasshopper to that, but I ended up taking the motor from my sisters Subaru Brat and the front tyres. Stuck to a 6v (rather than the 7.2v) and a 4 AA pack for the SC. I won race after race after race with that :D

{edit} Oh, I just found a photo of the old grasshopper shell, next to the new one :)

http://instagram.com/p/fBRxUOLNDY/?modal=true

Anyway, I've bought a new shell and little bloke & lights so it can sit in pride. It's life is over as the body is well used and the plastic is decaying so it'd die if I raced it.

So, my first purchase was an XB Hornet I found cheap in a sale:

Tamiya Hornet by Niall Allen, on Flickr

This then fuelled the fires and I bought a Novafox which I built and painted myself:

novafox1 by Niall Allen, on Flickr

Then that was it, the fire was burning out of control and I had to have more! I've not got photos on flickr at the mo, so I'll have to link the instagram low quality things:

http://instagram.com/p/qH_Q8LLNH2/?modal=true

I was quite pleased how that came out, with the exception of the pink spray at the rear which went awry, and I decided on a black nose for it, which annoyingly must have had grease on it as the paint bubbled. That said, I tried for a dirty look so sprayed upwards off the nose, and did a bit of a dirty white spray on the screen, then used acetone free nail polish remover to partially clear the screen. I just need to put the servos in now :)

I also bought a Tamiya Wild one, which I'm about halfway through building. I stopped as I realised that I hadn't bought a receiver, then when I got them I built the Frog.

Next up, I was watching various videos on Youtube last week, of the Sand Scorcher. Yep, you've guessed it, that's what I'm building at the moment. It's nearly finished, but I just need to add the blue paint to it and check various parts as I'm unhappy with the way the sealed internal unit sits, but I'm assuming I've just missed something obvious as it seems odd that it just sits on two rubber central mounts as the whole thing wobbles, which I'd have thought would make it liable to damage the servos.

Oh yeah, and today I ordered a Phantom 2 Vision+ quad copter thing with gimbal, etc. This sudden urge to go back to my childhood has cost me a fortune :D

I've just realised I've got a few photos that I've posted directly to twitter, here: https://BANNED/NiallsBlues I can't seem to link to the photos, so you'll have to look at my boring feed :D

Last edited:
A few months ago I decided to get the RC cars from Tamiya that I lusted after when I was very active in the RC scene in the early 80s. Back then I was just 13 so could only afford the Grasshopper. I wanted the Hornet, and to hop up the Grasshopper to that, but I ended up taking the motor from my sisters Subaru Brat and the front tyres. Stuck to a 6v (rather than the 7.2v) and a 4 AA pack for the SC. I won race after race after race with that :D

{edit} Oh, I just found a photo of the old grasshopper shell, next to the new one :)

http://instagram.com/p/fBRxUOLNDY/?modal=true

Anyway, I've bought a new shell and little bloke & lights so it can sit in pride. It's life is over as the body is well used and the plastic is decaying so it'd die if I raced it.

So, my first purchase was an XB Hornet I found cheap in a sale:

Tamiya Hornet by Niall Allen, on Flickr

This then fuelled the fires and I bought a Novafox which I built and painted myself:

novafox1 by Niall Allen, on Flickr

Then that was it, the fire was burning out of control and I had to have more! I've not got photos on flickr at the mo, so I'll have to link the instagram low quality things:

http://instagram.com/p/qH_Q8LLNH2/?modal=true

I was quite pleased how that came out, with the exception of the pink spray at the rear which went awry, and I decided on a black nose for it, which annoyingly must have had grease on it as the paint bubbled. That said, I tried for a dirty look so sprayed upwards off the nose, and did a bit of a dirty white spray on the screen, then used acetone free nail polish remover to partially clear the screen. I just need to put the servos in now :)

I also bought a Tamiya Wild one, which I'm about halfway through building. I stopped as I realised that I hadn't bought a receiver, then when I got them I built the Frog.

Next up, I was watching various videos on Youtube last week, of the Sand Scorcher. Yep, you've guessed it, that's what I'm building at the moment. It's nearly finished, but I just need to add the blue paint to it and check various parts as I'm unhappy with the way the sealed internal unit sits, but I'm assuming I've just missed something obvious as it seems odd that it just sits on two rubber central mounts as the whole thing wobbles, which I'd have thought would make it liable to damage the servos.

Oh yeah, and today I ordered a Phantom 2 Vision+ quad copter thing with gimbal, etc. This sudden urge to go back to my childhood has cost me a fortune :D

I've just realised I've got a few photos that I've posted directly to twitter, here: https://BANNED/NiallsBlues I can't seem to link to the photos, so you'll have to look at my boring feed :D

ah you cant beat the old tamiya cars ive got quite a few stashed over my fathers house i also have a couple of sand scorcher bodys for sale and a set of wheels and tyres i might put them up for sale on hear one day.i also have a ready to run buggy champ that will be for sale aswell.

bleddyn

Back