RC "Helicam" - 7D on an RC Helicopter

Name
Spencer
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm sure someone is going to come along with the repost sticker in a minute, but this is pretty cool.

Helicam.

"Crashing is not an option." :LOL:

Fantastic(y)
although the video was a bit choppy in places, is that normal on a 7D?

ARGH! Flying it over all that water?! One slightly loose connection and the props stop... eeeeeeek! Not sure I would trust it with a 7D.... or myself to fly it for that matter!

Thanks for sharing matey (y)

ARGH! Flying it over all that water?! One slightly loose connection and the props stop... eeeeeeek! Not sure I would trust it with a 7D.... or myself to fly it for that matter!

Thanks for sharing matey (y)

Thats what insurance is for.

Thats what insurance is for.

Cant see many insurance companies paying out when you tell them your camera and lens fell from the sky and was connected to a toy helicopter.

Cant see many insurance companies paying out when you tell them your camera and lens fell from the sky and was connected to a toy helicopter.

Fair point but I don't think a well engineered rc helicopter can be classed as a 'toy'.

That it amazing, now, if only I owned a rc helicopter and a 7D.

If I don't get to grips with mine I will be doing this and crashing it on purpose :LOL:

If I don't get to grips with mine I will be doing this and crashing it on purpose :LOL:

No, don't do that!
Sell it to me :D

that lloks cool, i just bought myself a Hirobo Sceadu shuttle helicopter to build and fly, although i wont be mounting my camera on it.

That's why you have professional insurance. It's not a toy helicopter, it's a part of the guys business.

Well, a 7D weighs 900g without a lens, maybe add a cheap light plastic kit lens or a light short prime, got to be 1kg.

A model helicopter that can lift an extra 1kg and sized big enough to allow that weight to be balanced for flight.... hmmm generally model aircraft are as light as possible because they don't have enough lift for any excess weight - let alone a 1kg camera!

Then you might also want some kind of stabalisation too - I'd imagine its going to vibrate like hell. Thats going to add some weight.

Lastly, battery endurance is going to be about 12 mins if the larger model helis are anything to go by.

But I am only going by what you can buy off the shelf - you could make your own, solve all of these problems... but make sure you stay under 10kg or the CAA will shoot you down, just like they did the police recently :D

Back