Re edit Father and Son

Your colour is way off, it looks cold and washed out.

Skin tone seems a little magenta biased?

Poor guy doesn't look all that comfortable either, like his smile is rather nervous and forced, baby is smiling nicely though.

Might be a nice photo if the colours weren't so off.

I'm not sure what the colour problem is, there was a file colour/space problem the first time I posted this shot

I just calibrated my monitor, also viewed on 3 devices and asked 2 others to look on flickr saying they look fine so:shrug:

I'm not sure what the colour problem is, there was a file colour/space problem the first time I posted this shot

I just calibrated my monitor, also viewed on 3 devices and asked 2 others to look on flickr saying they look fine so:shrug:

I've checked it on 3 screens (iPad, Nexus 7 and PC), it has the same colour cast on all of them.

Were the child's dungarees purple/magenta tinged in real life?

Last edited:
I've checked it on 3 screens (iPad, Nexus 7 and PC), it has the same colour cast on all of them.

Were the child's dungarees purple/magenta tinged in real life?

All my views show the top of the child's dungarees to be blue, the lower to be a little more purple but I put that down to the light

Looking through your Flickr, there appears to be inconsistency across some of the images.

When you compare the image above to this one in your Flickr, does this one look off to you then? It's far more natural on my screens, even the jeans material of the dress looks like the blue colour it normally is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42129014@N06/9318984997/

Helen, i`ve just opened your pic in CS6, if I you go into colour balance and adjust the magenta slider, you will see the difference.

The childs denims show the magenta cast more than anything else, have a try and see what you think.

I did the same in CS5 and there is a definate Magenta tint :shrug:

Nice composition though

Les ;)

Helen, i`ve just opened your pic in CS6, if I you go into colour balance and adjust the magenta slider, you will see the difference.

The childs denims show the magenta cast more than anything else, have a try and see what you think.

Hmm I tried that, the guy is wearing a purple shirt so it washed that out when ajusting the whole photo

selecting just the lower dungarees and using the slider I got this

dad-sonprint4 by HS-uk, on Flickr

Hmm I tried that, the guy is wearing a purple shirt so it washed that out

If the guys shirt is supposed to be purple then it looks like its been in bleach for a while, it is washed out already.

#11 is even more desaturated.

Last edited:
I cannot guess the colour the guys shirt was Helen, only you know that because you were there, but the skin is deffo a bit magenta.

I cannot guess the colour the guys shirt was Helen, only you know that because you were there, but the skin is deffo a bit magenta.

You are gonna end up various shades of purple next week:D

As for the pics, I agree with the magenta issue. The skin tones just don't look right. I don't know how to fix it tho but I'm sure it's easy enough and others will give decent advice(y):cool:

Sorry that is pretty messy edit but just looking at the colour

Even worse, you are going the wrong way with the editing (though the magenta isn't as bad), its completely desaturated.

You might want to consider getting someone to calibrate your monitor again.

it is calibrated

If someone wants to edit it how they think it should look please do

Thanks

Les I can see the difference, what did you do and how does that look to others ?

I adjusted the Magenta in Photoshop RAW (y)( by opening in RAW Photoshop CS 5)- could have done a lot more had I the original file though

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
That was why I said "again", it is possible the last calibration wasnt done properly.

You would probably need to upload a SOOC image for that. Anyone trying from the images above is going to struggle.

Well I can't unload a RAW

AS for WB both flash and pick came out the same

I adjusted the Magenta in Photoshop RAW (y) by opening in RAW - could have done a lot more had I the original file though

Les

Thanks Les for you helpfulnesses :)

No worries, we're all friends here, glad to be of help

Les :D

Well I can't unload a RAW

You could by uploading to somewhere like Dropbox.

Otherwise take the RAW, and open without any editing you normally do and save that to jpeg, it's a better start than your files you have already manipulated.

Looking at mum son4 on your Flickr, I've tried to match the blue of the dungarees.

603ceb7f77230793a7b5d882914c90f7_zpsd3edcd16.jpg

Unfortunately bring the blue into the dungarees gives the skin a slight touch of green.

Heres my 2nd attempt - made it a tad warmer than my 1st effort

Les ;)

Prefer this colour shirt :D

If you read through this thread- the shirt was never blue, more lilac :shrug:

If you read through this thread- the shirt was never blue, more lilac :shrug:

I know, just my take on it, the other 2 above mine look jaundiced on my monitors, i have no idea what's going on with the image, but it definitely needs re-doing from RAW, i opened the JPEG in camera RAW to try and have a crack at it, but it's just too small, and the only way i could seem to change the tones, was by changing the shirt colour as well :shrug:

Yeah I sort of got that- I changed the shirt colour to a dark red but though better of it :LOL:

as you say a RAW file would give any of us a better shot at editing

Les (y)

Helen, if you look at the next photo on your Flickr, look at the difference in the colour of the clothing.

You don't allow linking to your Flickr so I can't show you what I mean, but look at the pic and then look at the one in this thread.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42129014@N06/9603560629/

You know it's strange, that photo I posted before and was told it was washed out like this one :shrug:

H

Back