Re edit

Name
Rick
Edit My Images
Yes
Just finished a re-edit for a friend. Added a couple of overlays and blended them in on Photoshop. First time I have spent more than 20 mins on an image and still learning a lot. Photoshop confuses me!

RGP_1857.jpg by Rick.Glancy Photography, on Flickr

Interested on feedback.

I agree about the yellow dots and also his eyes seems very blue, almost like they have been over edited but my son has extremely blue eyes so I realise that they may just be natural bright - he is very cute :)

not being funny but he has a touch of "The Omen" about him for me....the eyes and lips and processing is....well....a bit odd tbh! Sorry.

Viewing this on the phone so colours could be off but the eyes and lips seem heavily overcooked.

No that's gone cold now, the original image worked because it was warm, suggested summer. The lips and eyes wee too much as were the false fireflies. Somewhere there's a great image struggling to get out.

Lovely image! I like the yellow dots, but IMO they just need toning down. But that's it. (The 2nd image I can't click on/see).

Lovely image! I like the yellow dots, but IMO they just need toning down. But that's it. (The 2nd image I can't click on/see).

fixed the link..

I've had another go but think its a bit washed out..and like a noob I didnt save the layers in photoshop!! so have to start from scratch :(

RGP_1857-Edit-Edit.jpg by Rick.Glancy Photography, on Flickr

i'll have another go this evening with fresh eyes :)

Last edited:
The last one looks better imo, more natural than the first (PP wise), warm like the original shot, suitable amount of 'fire flys' added. I wouldn't say it's washed out, it just has that 'dreamy' sort of feel to it (which I think you would lose if you upped the blacks/contrast/saturation). Lovely shot and I think you've taken an already good image and improved it with what you've done in PS.

I'm just...
Serious question
Why are you adding things that weren't there?

The person its for wanted that 'fantasy look' if you like, So I thought I would have a mess with photoshop..not something I have ever done before.

"Fantasy look" I think you got your brief right, have you shown it to your friend ? I mean you first edit. I am sure they will aprove.
Your last edit is a more natural dreamy image,very nice too.

Gaz

Last edited:
"Fantasy look" I think you got your brief right, have you shown it to your friend ? I mean you first edit. I am sure they will aprove.
Your last edit is a more natural dreamy image,very nice too.

Gaz

Thanks :) No, not shown it to them yet as I cant make my own mind up if I'm happy with it.

Back