Re Kindle my interest please

Edit My Images
No
It was about 18 months ago I guess I suddenly for no real reason became stupidly insanely obsessed with photography. Very quickly I got my self a very decent DSLR in a stores renovation reopening super sale thing saving like 100 pounds or something.

I signed up for an online course in photography. Then I cancelled it because I realised I could not actually afford to pay for it. Since then I lost interest.

The underlying thought of really wanting to do this not only as a hobby but a career is still there and I would like to start learning again.

So I am going to familiarise my self with my Sony A200 and start learning about the basics of photography again.

Anyone like to advise me on the best place to start?

Have a look through the tutorials here which cover all aspects of DSLR photography.

May also be worth getting some books to read up on some of the fundamental stuff to build up you experience.

Charge the battery...

Format the memory card..

Put camera around neck..

Walk out the door and snap anything that takes your interest.

Don't tie yourself to all the learning right now, its no good if your not having fun with the camera in the first place.

So go out and just shoot whatever appeals, put it in full auto or program mode, it doesn't matter at the moment, all that matters is taking shots you like

Charge the battery...

Format the memory card..

Put camera around neck..

Don't tie yourself to all the learning right now, its no good if your not having fun with the camera in the first place.

So go out and just shoot whatever appeals, put it in full auto or program mode, it doesn't matter at the moment, all that matters is taking shots you like

^^^WHS^^^

Just get out and enjoy :D

Yeah, practice, practice, practice, books, books, books... Some good online sources out there too.

I suppose if you can nail down the hobby thing you can grow into career possibilities.

Good luck!

Charge the battery...

Format the memory card..

Put camera around neck..

That is the single best suggestion I have ever read on a forum. I will do that.

Like with many things, the better you are at taking pictures, the more you're going to enjoy. Right now you're struggling a bit to get good shots, you're not happy with your results and it's not making you feel great about your hobby.

You have to push yourself off the low end of the learning curve. A good way of doing that is to make a point of going after one shot every day. Doesn't matter if it's not too great, just have a think about how you might improve it next time and your satisfaction will come from watching the shots improve over time.

Back