Re-sprayed the wheels on my corsa.

Matt Sayle

2017MSA Young Photographer of the Year(Motorsport)
Name
Matt Sayle
Edit My Images
Yes
The wheels need re-doing. Finally got round to it today.

Me and my dad did the first wheel. then when I put the centre peice on, it looked crap. We didnt have any plastic silver spray. So my dad said 'do it in black'. I was a bit unsure of how chavvy this would look. But, it looks ace IMO. A brain wave by my dad :D

How the wheels started (all very similair):

IMG_7349-3.jpg

how they finished

IMG_7350.jpg

and the whole car

IMG_7351.jpg

I think it looks really good.

Hope you agree :LOL:

Thanks
Matt

Looks chavvy :p

Only messing, I'll start worrying when the 'phat pipe' and body kit comes :p

I just noticed..the big writing on the tyres...is that what it's recommended to shout when wanting to drive BARUUUM! BARUUUUUUUM! :LOL:

You could have taken the dents out of the rims first :LOL:

Get some peanut oil from the supermarket and do the arch trims and bumpers -once you've clayed and waxed it (and given it a right good t-cut) ;)

Looks wheely good that Matt black :LOL:

:LOL: Oh dear!!

I just noticed..the big writing on the tyres...is that what it's recommended to shout when wanting to drive BARUUUM! BARUUUUUUUM! :LOL:

You could have taken the dents out of the rims first :LOL:

Get some peanut oil from the supermarket and do the arch trims and bumpers -once you've clayed and waxed it (and given it a right good t-cut) ;)

My dads hammer can only do so much :LOL:

Yup, I am going to make it look (hopefully) awesome!

no, just feeling ill at the memories of my first car and such...ehem....improvements :LOL:

have fun Matt, just remember one word all the time - 'understatement' ;)

Ahh....yes

<----875cc of Hillman Imp with a huge Janspeed exhaust and spot lights on it.

Flat out 65mph :LOL:

Matt, I'm going to give you a wee tip here.

Get yourself a hot air gun and heat up the plastic wheel arch extensions until nearly melting, they will come up like new and match the same colour as the bumpers.

Ahh....yes

<----875cc of Hillman Imp with a huge Janspeed exhaust and spot lights on it.

Flat out 65mph :LOL:

:LOL::LOL:

<-------------Datsun 120Y Estate, in hand painted tangerine with creeping black line to hide heavily bogged sills/lower doors, also capable of 65mph...downhill, with a following wind :nuts:

:LOL::LOL:

<-------------Datsun 120Y Estate, in hand painted tangerine with creeping black line to hide heavily bogged sills/lower doors, also capable of 65mph...downhill, with a following wind :nuts:

That was going to be my first car - a three year old, orange 4 door 120y, it was 50 quid, but it was also like Fred Flintstone's car :nuts:

That was going to be my first car - a three year old, orange 4 door 120y, it was 50 quid, but it was also like Fred Flintstone's car :nuts:

Well in fairness, Matt is actually quite lucky with his 'modern' corsa, its only just starting to show the bubbles....Datsuns came out of the factory like that and just got worse. :D

Well in fairness, Matt is actually quite lucky with his 'modern' corsa, its only just starting to show the bubbles....Datsuns came out of the factory like that and just got worse. :D

I quite agree, although all these rust free modern 8-year old cars have ruined the lower end of the motor trade :shake:

All those years of learning how to craft front wings out of chicken wire and cataloy, wasted :shrug::shake::LOL::LOL:

When i read the title i thought oh no what has he done now, but it looks like you've done a decent job, looks smart, have you tried any stuff called "Back to Black" on your bumpers, it makes your bumpers black, tried it on my Clio, worked a treat.

Matt Id seriously get the tyre in the fist pic checked out,part of the tyre wall wire is showing :nono:

That was the barcode for the tires :LOL:

When i read the title i thought oh no what has he done now, but it looks like you've done a decent job, looks smart, have you tried any stuff called "Back to Black" on your bumpers, it makes your bumpers black, tried it on my Clio, worked a treat.

Thank you very much :D:D

Will try that!

well

As a time served paint sprayer .. having done my apprenticeship at Henley's in chester on R/R in the 70's .. and now doing photography .. i know how much the Camera lies .. ............ so lets see a shot the same as the first for a before and after :LOL:

they do look much better though ... i used to love doing MgbGt wheels .... black/silver then lacquer (y)

well

As a time served paint sprayer .. having done my apprenticeship at Henley's in chester on R/R in the 70's .. and now doing photography .. i know how much the Camera lies .. ............ so lets see a shot the same as the first for a before and after :LOL:

they do look much better though ... i used to love doing MgbGt wheels .... black/silver then lacquer (y)

:LOL::LOL: They dont look that bad close up. Honestly.

Thank you very much!

well

Ford Silver Fox....that used to be the colour to use for Rostyles, ahh...memories :LOL:

Ah they add that nice glint to the pinkmobile. NOW T-CUT it and get the red back.!

Back