Reader Rescue!

Name
Keri
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all. Looking for some help/guidance.

Whilst setting up my camera for some longer range outdoor shots, saw an opportunity for a quick snap of my daughter. The image looks great (to me) in small form factor:
2373690616_ced1926568_m.jpg

But, as you can see, the camera (and me!) were not ready for the low light conditions, and the image is actually somewhat blurred when viewed larger:
2372851853_e22e81ec98.jpg

My processing skills are limited to say the least. Can anyone offer advice on what options are available to improve the picture quality? I preferred the B&W image myself.

TIA. Kdot.

Thanks TOP. If you want/need a larger original to play with, let me know. Your efforts will be much appreciated. :clap:

OK Kdot, not best results but with original may come out little better and only had 10min or so to do it for you.

COLOUR...
2372851853_e22e81ec98_3.jpg

Then B+W
2372851853_e22e81ec98_3bw.jpg

As I said not best results but the original files and also the more time you can spend editing you are set for a fairly OK result.

Phil

OK a brief spec on what I did...

- Copy the image and with one increase brightness to around 85% then use a blending mode to drop them together.
- Next with brush, eraser, clone and burn tools touch up so there was no blown highlights on right side.
- Merge the two to one file.
- Copy image again and run high pass on one, this is to correct slight blur.
- Blend two layers together.
- Touch up final parts for best results.

Like I said brief but I rushed and some bits was done without me even thinking but I hope it helps!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Brains, TOP. Really - thanks for the help.

Brains - that's a good idea with the soft focus; will try with the original.

TOP - your walk thru will be a great help to understand this post-processing lark.

Unfortunately, the little lady in question is ill at the moment, so I can't play any further tonight, but I'll see what I can get from the original.

Thanks again both! :clap:

girl.jpg

can sharpen and lighten the shadows further but nice like this I think

I tried with my limited talents - :D

01vw2.jpg

BTW excellent work Walls.

Hi Kdot

I had a go at your photo its not perfect could do with a little more warmth me thinks, hope your daughters better soon

2389353648_30ea1c835f_o.jpg

In CS3 opened it in camera raw

used following settings

Basic tab
temp + 27
exposure +1.95
recovery 25
fill light 25
brightnes + 44
contrast -25
clarity +15
vibrance+14

Detail tab
radius1,0
detail 25
noise lum 39
niose colour 39

lens correction
lens vignetting +33
midpoint 50

Added a frame

B+W version

2389382074_06c9ae4356_o.jpg

Could have done with a bigger image really

Dave

Thanks to everyone who has contributed thus far, and especially those kind folk who have had a go at rescuing my picture. The good news is that she has recovered now, but my little boy just gone down with something this morning! I'll try and use some of the knowledge imparted here on the original in the next day or two, and hopefully be able to post an improved image shortly.

Have to do it asap, as I just ordered the Canon 55-250IS lens last night, so will be too busy playing when that arrives! :nuts:

Not sure whether I've made it better or worse...

2400984955_50c346dd14_o.jpg

looks good, could go a bit lighter though (although my monitor tends to be on the darker side of calibrated it seems) adjust using cuves in photoshop or the like.

Back