Reading At Night

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Been out tonight with the sole intention of getting some shots. Unfortunately, nothing really grabbed my attention other than this...

Any good?

ForburyAtNight.jpg

Exif info: 18mm, ISO 200, f22, 5s

Quite like the single window on the left competing with what looks like a building of glass and light up ahead with a faintly lit path linking the two. Quite like it actually but not sure why

Composition, exposure, even the setting looks spot on, but it doesnt grab your attention instantly. However after sitting looking for s few minutes it does begin to draw you into looking at the details.

Maybe its the fact that its effectively monochrome - due to there being a narrow range of colours. Maybe try changing it to black and white to make it more utopian.

Despite the above comments I will say that the more I look at it the more I like it;)

:thumb:

Cracking composition, but for me a tad too dark. Had a ply in PS & by adjusting centre of levels it was possiblt to lighten up with no burnouts etc.

Alternatively on this example I lassood round stone (feathered to 2 pixels) & lower half of building to left & adjusted levels on that only: -

ForburyAtNightvsn.jpg

Intention was to lead eye into shot via the composition you captured.

Thanks for the comments :)

I did toy with the idea of converting to B&W but as you said, it's more or less that anyway... I originally liked the idea of the different lighting temperature on the ground floor, and with the rest of it converted it looked a bit daft, IMO...

I agree, Dave, it was a bit dark. Thanks for adjusting the levels on the carving - looks loads better :thumb:

Shot is very well executed with a great composition - like it.

DJW's extras do give it a little bit more 'visibility' ?

Back