Real world difference between iPhone 5s and 6

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Torn between them. Coming from a 5, most likely buy phone then sim only.

I know the obvious, 6 is bigger and better processor etc but for those moving from 5s to 6 was there a noticeable change?

No. Same as there is no noticeable difference between any of them

One bends for a start :D - on a serious note - ios is the same for both devices and in terms of speed you won't notice thr difference between the two. On a design and architecture comparison they are completely different on paper - I would go for the 6 if you have the money to burn, it's a nicely designed handset, it doesn't feel as solid as the 5s but it's your decision :)

I have a 5s for work and upgraded from a 4s to a 6 for my personal phone, the day after the launch. I hate my work phone now! The 6 is fast, slim, light, fantastic screen - I would wholeheartedly recommend the 6 over the 5 or 4 any day. The 6 plus, on the other hand, feels a bit like a holding an iPad to your ear to take calls :exit:

Was in town and popped into Apple, like the feel of the 6 better and screen is nice. No stock though of 64gb. Still torn between sim only on we or 3 or possibly contract on ee.

I can only say that from the 5s to 6+....Battery life is the main difference...a full two days and a bit is just brilliant :) Forgetting to charge is no longer and issue...

I've gone from a 4 to a 6 - I agree wholeheartedly with the battery life comments. On the 4, I was probably at 25% after a working day - with the 6, it's still over 80%

I've just come back to Apple, lost my Lumia a couple weeks ago. Considered the 6 but honestly I don't see that it offers anything that I care about in a phone. Big appeal of iPhone is (was) the small form factor, and the 5 is perfect.

I ended up buy a used 32Gb iPhone 5 for 150 quid and spending 25 quid to stick a new battery in, good as new. Can't believe I was even considering dropping silly money on a new one!

Having using the 6 for some time now, I have to say it is quite a bit better than the 5 I had previously (not used the 5S). This is mainly to do with the screen being bigger and so it much more easy on the eye. It's the right size for a smart phone now and I wouldn't need it any bigger really - I said the same when I got the 5 a few years ago.

IOS8 is quite buggy and my wife who has the same phone has had problems with screen rotation etc but mine has been fine generally. I don't notice any real processing speed improvements but the camera is certainly better. It seems to perform better in low light than it did before and my images are more likely to be in focus. The autofocus speed has definitely improved. I've also noticed that the battery life has improved a touch, not massively but it is still a noteable improvement.

Can't fault the 5s solid feel and build and fast enough.Still not going IOS 8 due to loads of people having issues,a lot of wi-fi complaints.

I think it depends on what you want to use the phone for. I've just gone from a 4 to a 6 as I didn't see nay significant differences until now. Good battery life and a much better screen, better than the 5 I would say. Is very fast but then you would expect that. No problems with iOS 8.0 or 8.1. Not got round to the Slo-Mo 240fps option yet. nor sure if I will ever need it. camera is nice

Back