Really confused about this lens...

hannah.s

Name
Hannah
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I have been given 3 lens parts. A friend of my parents came and he fitted all 3 onto the camera and it worked...
I wasn't there at the time so I have no idea what he did... I tried to fit them together this morning, but I have no idea what I am doing !!! (I am of course a beginner)

I have 2 parts that I have put together and there is no other way they could go... There is a Vivitar 2X matched multiplier (it fit the camera body), and another piece that goes with it...
mc99teHSUqfUSAuxXhoae4g.jpg
m2S_lvDD3O2qrW0YM9tymmg.jpg

So these are the 2 parts that go together (they have a metal "lock")

But then the part that is confusing me is the Optimax lens... I have thought of everything and I can't get it to fit on !! But my Mum said that when he put it on the camera he could look through the lens like any other... But I can't work out how it goes on...
1032_chinonflex_1.jpg

Anyway if anyone knows how it fits on please tell me !!

Thank you !!

The two short bits are both tele-converters that multiply the focal length of the lens they're attached to by 2x. You also lose two stops of lens aperture, eg f/4 becomes f/8, and a fair chunk of sharpness too. The one on the right also has a focusing helicoid built in for extra-close focusing.

The long jobbie looks like it won't fit your camera (Nikon?) because it has an M42 screw mount (also known as 'Pentax screw'). However, it's a T2 mount that simply unscrews and can be replaced by a Nikon mount for a few pounds.

It will be fun to try them, but don't expect great results or any form of lens-to-camera communication. They will fit and you can focus manually, but that's it.

Looks like the t mount might be on the one with the silver lock ,simply unscrew it and mount on the lens

Are they photos of the actual items?

Perhaps when the Optimax telephoto (long item) was taken off, the adaptor was left attached to the Teleconverter?

Edit - just seen the post above... Doh!

Looks like the t mount might be on the one with the silver lock ,simply unscrew it and mount on the lens
Except that looks like a stock photo. As do the others.

Hannah, are these the exact items you have or three photos you've found on the internet that look like them?

For useful help we need to see the actual items you have in front of you.

No these are ones I found, I will post the actual ones as soon as possible !! But the strange thing is that my Mum's friend mounted the long lens onto the tele-converters who then went on the camera body... so he did it somehow....

Back