Really getting hacked off with the PC

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
OK folks of TP, I need some help, I built my pc this year with I guess some high ish specs, The problem is I cant do any microsoft updates, It wont open the explorer page (not that I use it) It wont open the APP store/shop
I cant do a windows reset and I cant do a repair, I cant rename new files on my desk top and I cant do a new install or reset the PC.
The PC specs are.
GIGABYTE GA F2A88x D3HP mobo (I know its not a new model)
Samsung Pro 256 GB SSD
32 GB of DDR3 Ram
Win 10 X64 Pro installed.
I have done SFC scannow and scan health and scan restore but to no avail.
I need some ideas please people before this windows PC goes out of the Window.
Please also remember, I am not 100% confident with too much technical terms so take it easy with me.

HELP please.

This may seem a totally stupid question but from experience it is not.
Have you re-used any cables, specifically the SATA cables?
I ask this because last year I spent ages b++++++g around trying to get my PC to work, in the end I gave it away and bought a new one.
I turned out that the guy who built it had reused old SATA cables , once these were replaced with new ones by the new owner it worked fine and has done so ever since.

Set it to boot from your DVD drive, stick in your Win 10 disk and start anew.

From your description, it sounds like you might have some malware installed, and that it's protecting itself by stopping you for going anywhere or doing anything that might remove or otherwise disable it.
Do you have (or know anyone who has) another working PC you can hook your hard drive up to as a non-booting secondary drive so you can perform a virus/malware scan on it?

Alternatively, as @Mikesphotaes recommended, (if you have nothing on there you need to keep) nuke it from orbit with a full reinstall from DVD.

I got this from the trouble shooter which I have done several times today.
Capture 6.PNG
And this when I try to reset win10.
Capture 7.PNG

From your description, it sounds like you might have some malware installed, and that it's protecting itself by stopping you for going anywhere or doing anything that might remove or otherwise disable it.
Do you have (or know anyone who has) another working PC you can hook your hard drive up to as a non-booting secondary drive so you can perform a virus/malware scan on it?

Alternatively, as @Mikesphotaes recommended, (if you have nothing on there you need to keep) nuke it from orbit with a full reinstall from DVD.
Thanks, yes I have, my O/H has 2 as it goes but one is a server for her work so that leaves the other pc if I can persuade her to let me try a malware scan but I have tried that myself with Superantispyware and 10bit malware with nothing coming up at all.

Are you trying to run setup after the machine is booted up?

You need to boot from disk on startup, and then reinstall windows that way if possible?

Was it on original Windows media (not a writable disk)? Was it a shrink wrapped retail boxed set, or and OEM copy with a Microsoft COA sticker?

...but I have tried that myself with Superantispyware and 10bit malware with nothing coming up at all.
If you're doing the scan from the suspect machine, where malware is installed and active, there's a good chance it won't let you find anything. That's why I recommend hooking up to a clean PC; nothing on your disk will be run, so it can't stop you doing a scan.

I have now somehow managed to get the win 10 disc to run, not able to do a reset still but a full install but I had 2 partitions on my drive, 1 was 500mb and couldn't be formated as it was mbr and not something else, I deleted my other partition with 237gb on and the 500mb partition disappeared. So I still had 237 gb on, it's starting to do a full install now. Tbh I don't care about losing some photos, 90% of them are on another disc.

Even from the start I couldn't get into the app shop so I knew something was wrong and the Explorer.

Was it on original Windows media (not a writable disk)? Was it a shrink wrapped retail boxed set, or and OEM copy with a Microsoft COA sticker?

probably worth answering thjis question then, because if it doesn't seem right from the start, then you could potentially have a bad installer.

I've had a torrented installed of windows before, full of crap!

Hi, sorry a bit late answering this, it was one of those ones where they say the disc comes with the original mobo from a recycled machine but of course you dont get that bit as it costs too much to post.
The disc does seem genuine and I didnt have any problems entering the code.

Yes I have one of them too, but maybe it was "malware" stopping it working.
If you boot a new install of Windows 10 from the USB memory stick I don't see how malware could stop it working unless 'something' had changed the security permissions on the files & folders in your target (install) partition?

All done now (somehow) a clean install and its running sweet.
Thanks all for your input Help.
I`m ok with the pc, but sometimes people on sites try to explain things and they get too technical as they think everyone knows what they are talking about.
And I must say that you nice people didnt try to explain in techy talk :)

If you get this problem again I would recommend completely wiping the SSD first.

With Samsung you get the option of a secure erase (run up Samsung Magician).

You have to disconnect the power lead from the SSD about halfway through but don't worry - just follow the instructions - on mine I had to type in SEGUI0 (zero) I think to start the process after that.

That should wipe it completely and get you back the full disk.

Back