REALLY need help !! computer problems

Name
David Bridges
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

well my stepdad calibrated the laptop screen which is all good, but he managed to set the screen to 200% by accident. But he cant change it back because he cant get to the OK or APPLY button and this is the same for every popup window that requires an OK button for the settings to be changed. Basicly we need to zoom out or something just so we can get the screen back to normal.

Thanks for reading

Help is MUCH appreciated

Try booting into safe mode and change it back there. Or do a system restore.

Fujitsu seimens, something or another model, its fairly new

what software did he use?

a) try running it on another pc and don't use the mouse, use "tab" to get to the ok button, do the same on the "faulty" pc and bob's yer uncle

b) press f8 while booting and boot in "safe mode" - sets the screen to crappy but useable defaults, which you can then "adjust" to suit

HTH

As I understand it you can set the screen resolution slider on the settings tab of the properties window and you just need to click the OK button.
So just press the 'Enter' (Return) key (cos the 'OK' button will already have the focus) :shrug:
:)

"safe mode" when put into safe mode, will any programs or functions be lost ?

Thanks for all your help !

Re-start your computer in 'safe-mode'..... this will ignore most of the fancy drivers and force the machine to start with very simple graphics.... from there you can re-select the mode your graphics to work in.... you'll be asked to re-start your machine (more than likely!)

You can get to safe-mode by hitting F8 during the boot sequence.... I think :thinking:

As its booting up press F8 and it should give you the option to boot into safe mode.

From there the drivers won't be loaded so you can access the settings from there..

EDIT!!!

Barry beat me to it..:razz:

SECOND EDIT!!!

So did David..:razz::razz::razz:

Ok ---- I'm a slow typist and reader!

safe mode is safe just doesn't load some of the drivers
when sorted you re-boot in normal mode anyway!

There is a simpler way that might work ;)

Alt-spacebar - which will open the title bar menu (even if you cant see it)
Then the M key - which will put the window into move mode... and you can nudge it around the screen with the cursor keys.

Oh and if the window was maximised... you can restore it to windowed by Alt-spacebar then hit enter.

Then the M key - which will put the window into move mode... and you can nudge it around the screen with the cursor keys.

Oh and if the window was maximised... you can restore it to windowed by Alt-spacebar then hit enter.

There's always one smart arse..:LOL:

Well done Robert..(y)

That's a bit like knowing if you hit Alt + enter is the same as a right-mouse click!

CTRL+ESC = "windoze" key :coat:

Or Alt-S on the forums to send your reply :whistle:

David,
did any of this help, at all?
or having we driven you away completely? :LOL:

If you have ever tried to use windows when the mouse won't work you get to learn these things and more :)

then when you've done what you had to get done you give up and turn it off :)

It's one of the most invaluable things I've learnt...How to navigate round windows with the keyboard.

sorry everyone, extremely sorry ive been trying to find all my threads, sorry to keep you hanging my stepdad has had his laptop at work recently but tomorrow i will give all these a try,

and thanks everyone for replying its great !!

Back