Rebuilding My Website Via Lightroom

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys

Can you point me to any threads on how to do this?

Ideally I would like to create some lightroom galleries and copy the html to my existing website, replacing the clunky format I have now. Is this possible?

I could go the ftp route, but I am ignorant of the witchcraft involved.

Existing site is www.zenadelic.com

You could install IIS (Microsoft Internet Information Services). It's a Windows Feature. You can then publish the galleries locally on your PC to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mygalleries.
And then you can check them in your browser by visiting http://127.0.0.1/mygalleries

Once you've got that far, you could use a script to upload your files.
Ideally you'd use sFTP or FTPs rather than FTP. FTP is completely unencrypted - which means you are transmitting your FTP login details in clear text. Or, as there's no encryption, an attacker could even compromise the data you are uploading. I don't think it's very high risk but something to avoid if possible.

You can then place a short-cut to your upload script somewhere convenient, like on your desktop. That way once you have generated your lightroom galleries and checked them, you just need to double click and hey your files are deployed.

I'm happy to help you with this. But first of all, do you have your FTP/sFTP/FTPs details to hand?

Hey Afa

Yes some help would be appreciated

Is this information any help?
  • name type content
    1 zenadelic.com SOA ns0.hosthost.co.uk. mail.zenadelic.com. 2014021803 10800 3600 777600 3600
    2 zenadelic.com A 193.227.106.15
    3 zenadelic.com NS ns1.hosthost.co.uk.
    4 zenadelic.com NS ns2.hosthost.co.uk.
    5 zenadelic.com NS ns0.hosthost.co.uk.
    6 zenadelic.com MX 20 b.mx.mrsitemail.com.
    7 zenadelic.com MX 10 a.mx.mrsitemail.com.
    8 *.zenadelic.com A 193.227.106.15
    9 ftp.zenadelic.com A 193.227.106.15
    10 m.zenadelic.com A 193.227.106.60
    11 mail.zenadelic.com A 193.227.106.210
    12 www.zenadelic.com A 193.227.106.15

Evening.

Sorry I've not replied sooner.
Those nameserver records indicate there maybe an FTP server running plain old FTP.

I'll try and find out whether sFTP/FTPs are supported.

Back