Reccomendations for book on CS6

Name
Glyn
Edit My Images
Yes
HI
Could anyone point me to a really good book for photographers using CS6?
Used PS for years but I have plenty to learn about layers and blending Etc.

Thanks
Glyn

I also recommend Scott Kelby's book, The Adobe Photoshop CS6 Book for Digital Photographers. I like it because it's specifically geared to photographers and Scott writes in an easy to understand style with plenty of example images. Also, it's not a total beginner's book; he assumes the reader knows the interface. Since you've been using PS for a while but want to expand your skills, it might be a good option for you. Another consideration is Martin Evening's book, Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Photographers.

Mine is free.
I'm Scottish :)

I also recommend Scott Kelby's book, The Adobe Photoshop CS6 Book for Digital Photographers. I like it because it's specifically geared to photographers and Scott writes in an easy to understand style with plenty of example images. Also, it's not a total beginner's book; he assumes the reader knows the interface. Since you've been using PS for a while but want to expand your skills, it might be a good option for you. Another consideration is Martin Evening's book, Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Photographers.

Good choices :)

Also, once you know your way around CS6 a bit and have some time it's worthwhile to take the free trial of Lynda.com and run through a few of the Photoshop courses. Only "downside" is that you might like Lynda.com enough to buy a subscription (I had one for a couple of years). Just kidding about the downside, because it's a really good site with well presented material. The Deke McClelland Photoshop tutorials are really good: http://www.lynda.com/Photoshop-tutorials/279-0.html?author=deke-mcclelland_98

HI
Could anyone point me to a really good book for photographers using CS6?
Used PS for years but I have plenty to learn about layers and blending Etc.

Thanks
Glyn

Jimmy Mcintyres net tutorials on luminosity masks and blending are excellent!
Just started to use them myself!

Another vote for Scott Kelby

I'm learning myself and am using Photoshop CS6 The Missing Manual, (Link Below). This has in depth explanations and a dedicated website with online images that you can download and use with the demonstrations in the book. Very useful. I'm also hitting the You Tube videos as well. As SouthsideBlues says Plearn are definitely worth a look. The presenter's jokes can grate a bit, but I give him his due, his tutorials are excellent. The sites covered in Bob a's post above are haunts of mine as well and are also very useful.

I tend to read up on a particular subject in the book, do any tutorials, look the subject up in the YouTube videos for additional tips and techniques, then use my own images and have a play.

Well I hope this is of some help anyway. Good luck and have fun.

Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Photoshop-C...1-1&keywords=photoshop+cs6+the+missing+manual

Back