Received my D200 today

Name
Richard Black
Edit My Images
Yes
First impressions are, WOW.
I don't have a memory card yet, turns out Play.com aren't the fastest to post stuff.
When i got it out of the box i instantly felt the extra weight over the D50, but it wasn't long before i realised why!
The build quality of them is fantastic. Bearing in mind the only decent camera i've ever really used it a 5D So seeing the upper range of the Nikons was quite good.

I cannot wait to get the card and get out with the camera this weekend! It may be worth a trip up to ingleton waterfalls.

I would go as far as saying its easier to use and understand than the D50.

Lucky beggar, just ordered mine today so hopefully will be with me tomorrow/Monday and then I can see the difference from my D50, will have to keep an eye on your future shots and see how I can compete ;)

Enjoy its a great camera!..also very easy to use and menu layout is nice..only downside is the battery life isn't amazing so keep a spare handy.

i have just got one too.first time with digital for me..have only used f80's untill now.the build
is brilliant and yes its a bit heavy.i also have a batt grip on it and it does way a ton then,but its a nikon all over....... ace...

Enjoy its a great camera!..also very easy to use and menu layout is nice..only downside is the battery life isn't amazing so keep a spare handy.

I've got a spare now. My spare is 1800mha where as std is 1500

I went from a D70s to a D200, the D200 is more than adequate for my talents.....:)

PS....Get the battery grip from Nikon if you go out all day.

If i get a battery grip, wont it be the same as owning a spare battery?

I've figured that out, yet dont have a spare as yet....
I'm definately making my shopping list for focus....:LOL:

Unless someone can tell me where is the best place for a battery/battery grip for D200......

I was unsure on the battery grip or just to get the battery.!:thinking:

battery is alot cheaper lol

I'd opt for just a battery, look on ebay there were some genuine Nikon ones for about £25

The battery grip makes the camera seem so much better balanced, with either a short or long lens attached.Just my opinion........(y)

Well I've borrowed a memory card from a work mate :D
Hoep he doesn't need to use his 5d any time soon lol.

good thing about the battery grip is when attached, you can run it just using the battery supplied with the D200 (you can fit two if you want). It will also run on AA batteries thanks to the handy frame that firs in the grip's battery bay. A great idea when you're miles away from a mains supply.

Mine has arrived today, just got to have a play now but well chuffed as appears to be in excellent condition (y)

DSC_0018.JPG

Just a quick test shot with the D200

Back