Recent droplet action from me...

Edit My Images
Yes
For the non Flickr viewers, here is some of the recent stuff I am proud of, droplet-wise :)

I swear I'm never going to get bored of the droplets... :thinking:

Click to enlarge.

Crop's rubbish :|

This one below is using the double exposure technique for one photo. Still not perfected it yet, but I have bought a strobe light and am having a play.

Another mexican hat:

And... some non-collisions! Shock horror.

Last edited:
Some lovely ones there, 1 & 2 are fantastic

love one and two, flying saucer and a mushroom! lol

Thanks both!

Love 'em all but the last one is the mutts nuts :clap: not a double collision but one of the best you've done yet IMHO.

Thanks a lot Carl! :D I am pleased with it, took a while... and lots of tissue paper.

water liquid is the mexican hat photo?
good shoot
:)

It's about 90% water, 10% milk, and red/yellow food dye to make it orange :) Thanks!

This is great stuff :clap: , keep em coming :)

Thank you too!

*is green with envy*

brillaint again Ash, keep them coming, brightens my day!

phworee!! :clap: :notworthy:

Last edited:
Very nice. I especially like the one you did tonight. The colours are fantastic and I love the detailed wee mini droplets.

Very nice. I especially like the one you did tonight. The colours are fantastic and I love the detailed wee mini droplets.

Thanks so much :) It's cute eh? :LOL:

Great set

Kirk

Thanks!

Superb Ash, last shot is a bit nice :):
I have given up for the moment in trying to get a collision.
Coronets are quite good, nice colors.

Allan

Thanks Allan :) Just been talking to another person who hasn't succeeded with the collisions as of yet, just need the right set up I think :)

With the left over liquids from that one above, I got these just 30 mins ago:

How do you get the collision? when ever i try it it just dosant work

Thanks Dan.

All outstanding Ash, are you going to enter one into the comp this month? You know you should.

How do you get the collision? when ever i try it it just dosant work

Thanks Dan.

See my past couple of threads :) There is quite extensive explanation in there, as well as set up shots.

Basically, it's like this: Have a base liquid in a tray. Set up a constant drip rate at which it is just below the rate at which the water forms a constant stream. This is about the rate you need.

Hold a jug into the flow so that non is going onto the tray of liquid below. Then, quickly remove the jug, allowing a couple of droplets to fall into the liquid. Press the shutter at the right time and hopefully you'll catch the collision. Takes a lot of photos to do it.

Also note: do it in a darkened room, using only the flash to illuminate. Set the flash to its lowest power (quickest flash). F16 will give you a good DOF, and ISO 100 will allow cropping down without losing quality.

It will work with any combination of water/milk.

PM me if you're really interested and can't get any (y)

FYI:

The set up pics for the crowns:

IMGP0001-3.jpg

The set up pic for that red/blue droplet, the last one I posted:

IMGP0002.jpg

All outstanding Ash, are you going to enter one into the comp this month? You know you should.

Thanks Angi :) I really should... it's still high speed yeh? Do I have til the end of the month? If so I'll take a dedicated picture for it :)

Last edited:
Back