Recent happenings

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
We're not averse to hiding what's happened from you lot, so this is the thread where we discuss it. Obvuously it's only fair that we can't be expected to go into *too* much detail, but we're not about to start unnecessarily hiding things, stating it doesn't convern the members, when it certainly does.

We're going to be sending a mass email shortly to everyone, with a quick outline of what's gone one, and what's going to happen.

PLEASE check your email addresses and make sure its up to date, as we will need to get hold of ALL members this way.

The address www.thephotographyforums.com is only still working for a handful of you, and I suspect that will be ending in the next few hours.

So, please check your emails in your User Control Panel, and make sure it's up to date.

In the meantime, if the forums stop working at all, and you would like to get hold of us for more info, please email me at mbooth@gmail.com, as a temporary address while we sort things out.

Kind Regards

The TPF Team.

Without knowing the full facts it's not sensible to form an opinion....so I won't. The only thing I will do is wish any people who have left , all the best for the future & congratulate the people who stayed on an excellent job getting the site back up & running. Nuff said.

Now hurry up & send that mass EMAIL because , in the voice of the donkey on SHREK when outside the cottage ....."I'm sooooooo alooooooone" ;)

Doh....just seen the EMAIL & suddenly the floodgates open. Good to see everyone back

Well I woke up to the email this morning.

Just like to say thanks for taking the time to explain as to what had happened and good to see you back...........I really did miss you all!

It's only natural for disagreements to occur. It is human nature after all. Just wondering, how did you guys managed to get all the info out and over here? Including user accounts? : )

kamion said:
It's only natural for disagreements to occur. It is human nature after all. Just wondering, how did you guys managed to get all the info out and over here? Including user accounts? : )

With a teaspoon and a little wheelbarrow....lol Well thats how it felt

Thanks guys will reply more later when Im more lucid. Must go and do the school run.

Any problems or difficulties you encounter, please jsut drop a note in the ideas and suggestions thread

Wotcha all I#'ve been quiet of late. Not had much camera time. But I'm back to the new forums and got 100 or so shots to edit from the weekend so I'll try and get posting now.

Forbiddenbiker said:
Please don't let it happen again. :laugh1: Seriously though, it was soooo good to see your email this morning.

Well done chaps.

Won't happen again, the offending body is buried under the newly laid patio, at least 12 feet down.
It'll be years before they find it.

/whistles and walks off :D

Wow! Sounds like you've had an epic battle on your hands. Haven't posted for a while as I've been busy with work related problems and all that but I shall always support you guys... keep up the good work.

kamion said:
It's only natural for disagreements to occur. It is human nature after all.

To a degree I suppose, but when you think we all come here with a common love of photography, and just want to share that passion and enjoyment, you have to wonder how things can get so sour so quickly.

The necessary and somewhat painful steps have been taken, and the remaining staff are all singing off the same hymn sheet so the problems are now behind us and we're not anticipating any more of this nonsense in the future,

Short of one of the staff running off with my missus - or worse still - my gear!

*big grinny smiley*

LMAO!

Must do the smileys! (Am working on it right now...althuogh I do have to pop out later...so I'll get at least the basics up)

Won't happen again, the offending body is buried under the newly laid patio, at least 12 feet down.
It'll be years before they find it.
Umm....

*digs up patio*

its good to be back,
just a thought, has this rouge Admin got all our user names and pass words?

Madpup said:
its good to be back,
just a thought, has this rouge Admin got all our user names and pass words?

I have it under good authority that your details are safe.

Welcome back.

i would just like to add, what sort of person takes away the site that 667 people have used happily, just to spite 4 others? All egos have been left at the door with the rest of us. We got this all set up for YOU the members, as well as us.

Long may we be happy!

welcome back GFK, and all the others that have popped in!

wee scot said:
no access to to members pics, what has happened to stored photos ? will we be able to retrieve them sometime ? I have them backed up of course, just wondering

The gallery didn't go anywhere (on a seperate server). :)
The link at the top of the forums is now back in operation. :thumb:

Its a shame but people do change in ways we don't expect as recent history has shown but hopefully it'll stay as just that. cracking job guys on getting it back up and running :D

Heres looking to the future:snap2:

Well done to have the forums back in operation so soon:thumb:

Matt said:
The gallery didn't go anywhere (on a seperate server). :)
The link at the top of the forums is now back in operation. :thumb:

Good job Matt... and welcome back mate. :eek:)

Welcome back TPF :)

Good work getting everything back online so quickly !

I found yus ya B*****************s and if yas gonna do a bunk again......al still track ya down.

Good to be back! dissapointed at not being informed the site was closing BUT ya back and that's all that matters (y) (y) (y)
Ken.

KenCo1964 said:
Good to be back! dissapointed at not being informed the site was closing BUT ya back and that's all that matters (y) (y) (y)
Ken.
We weren't informed either Ken, it was as big a shock to us, in fact we were locked out for a while and had to tunnel in. :LOL:

CT said:
We weren't informed either Ken, it was as big a shock to us, in fact we were locked out for a while and had to tunnel in. :LOL:
this conjures up visions of lean sweaty men tunneling away to reach the perimeter wire in old war/pow movies. Can you imagine Bod beavering away in a tunnel :naughty:

no. nor can I :LOL: :LOL:

Glad to see you have things under control Matty and crew. It's sad when something like this happens but the site is back and happy and that's the main thing.

:ty:

glad stuff is back in control now guys, was quite shocked to see it gone, welcome back :D

LOL - am at work at the moment so have no access to my hotmail until I get home tonight - my intrigue knows no bounds!

Seriously chaps - a huge well done to you - you must have worked non-stop for the past few days to get this sorted so good work all round!

Welcome back to those who have returned!

*oooh! just noticed....NEW smilies!* :beer: Love it!

I'm getting quite misty eyed here - quick: someone post a really banal photo of their pet dog in a tutu so I can have a rant at you...

Well done guys, very fast work and very much appreciated.

I'M BACK! Yay!!!!! :D

Thanks to CT who kindy posted a link on my other forum (s2ki) (which was also down yesterday).

You know you shouldn't leave me on my own like that for so long, I've had matches out and everything!

PS. It is a shame what has happened, I for one never saw this coming and always wondered who it was people were having a problem with. I guess its just my simple nature that stops me seeing what may be going on.

I is back,

nuff said

good to see you all again

MyPix

well, if this is the thread where 'what happened' is discussed, can someone tell me 'what happened'?

I only joined this morning and I'm intrigued :D

Back