Recent Trip to Scotland

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys,

I haven't posted here lately so I will offer a few from this Summer's travelling around Scotland.
All photos taken with Leica M6 + 35mm Voigtlander F2.8 , Developed Rodinal 1+25, Ilford Pan 100/400 and Scaned with Epson V300

eilean donnan castle 4 by Sid, on Flickr

Loch Garry by Sid, on Flickr

old man of Storr 4 by Sid, on Flickr

Smoo Cave Durness 3 by Sid, on Flickr

beinn eighe reserve mountains 2 by Sid, on Flickr

There are more here https://www.flickr.com/photos/sidxms/albums/72157661069557776/with/22946130776/
and plenty more of Film stuff to see on my FlickR, all mostly film as well

Nice stuff, Sid, particularly like the powerful image of the Old Man of Storr in contrasty light...

The Smoo cave one is definitely my favourite as it's just that bit different and has a great mixture of light and detail. Not sure if your "Old Man" shot has a heat haze or rain in the distance, but it looks like you got some reasonable weather for your trip.

really like the light/deep shadow contrast of the first one - the whole thing looks timeless. The cave is the pick of the bunch for me, though. The tones you've captured are exquisite, the waterfall is so ethereal it's barely there (much nicer than the standard long exposure milkiness) and the contrast between the black water and the white foam on its surface is a wonderful effect.

really like the light/deep shadow contrast of the first one - the whole thing looks timeless. The cave is the pick of the bunch for me, though. The tones you've captured are exquisite, the waterfall is so ethereal it's barely there (much nicer than the standard long exposure milkiness) and the contrast between the black water and the white foam on its surface is a wonderful effect.

:agree:

Lovely pics and good developing too.

I can notice a slight horizontal line across the images, best example being across the gap between the two outermost leaves from the trees at the top of pic 2... Scanning?

Back