Recent trips, Andromeda, Orion and Cygnus

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
After a promising start to the year astrophotography wise the summer and autumn has been really challenging to get out due to various injuries and family commitments. I've managed a few trips in the last month or so which has started to make me feel a whole lot better. These are my favourite images from my recent trips

All tracked (except the trails) / stacked images using a star adventurer 2i and using an astro modified 6d mk II with a Tamron 24-70 f2.8.

Andromeda amd the triangulum galaxy rising over beacon mill, Rottingdean
Andromeda at Beacon Mill by Alan, on Flickr

Star trails over the church at Romney Marsh
romney marsh trails by Alan, on Flickr

Whilst one camera was shooting the trails I shot the opposite direction to catch Orion rising over the church. An astro modified D mkII does anice job of catching Barnards loop.
thomas becket orion by Alan, on Flickr

Last Friday night, the cygnus region of the milky way over stonehenge
Cygnus over stonehenge by Alan, on Flickr

Last edited:
"Excellent" set of astro styled captures Alan, liking all of these very much.

Great and also thought provoking picture. Well taken Alan :D

Great set, very nice indeed ;)

Very nice shots Alan. I think some foreground lighting though (if possible) would add a nice little touch.
Thanks Lee, agree some lighting for detail on the church would have been a good idea, will have to think of that next time! At the windmill it would have been quite tricky as you are actually some distance back to fit it all in. I could probably lift the shadows to bring out a little more detail. Will have a play.

Back