Recent W10 update v1809?

Edit My Images
No
Hi all

Has anyone had that pushed to them yet?

I read that after its initial release to limited number of testers(?) it was found to be flawed so they have postponed it!

But even once sorted it would seem that a good number of the improvements(?) are aimed at tablet users.

For now I have altered my update setting to not update this yet ;) But YMMV?

I got notification that it was available , I downloaded it and it failed to install, perhaps this was just as well.
I subsequently got further notification of 1803 to download and install which was a bit odd as I already had it so perhaps it was a reinstall to correct the failed 1809.
Since then I have heard nothing and TBH I am not overly bothered.

I got notification that it was available , I downloaded it and it failed to install, perhaps this was just as well.
I subsequently got further notification of 1803 to download and install which was a bit odd as I already had it so perhaps it was a reinstall to correct the failed 1809.
Since then I have heard nothing and TBH I am not overly bothered.

Same here, exactly!

Not sure I want it when it is "sorted"

On 1809 on my work machine. It's got some nice new security features. All running fine.

One key flaw I found mentioned was that it irretrievably deleted user files................this being a significant reason, apparently, why it has been postponed. But in common with the way MS pushes W10 updates it will no doubt be rolled out sometime soonish, that is why I set WUP to delay such major updates, I think I set it to 365 days?

How do you find out what version ?

One key flaw I found mentioned was that it irretrievably deleted user files................this being a significant reason, apparently, why it has been postponed. But in common with the way MS pushes W10 updates it will no doubt be rolled out sometime soonish, that is why I set WUP to delay such major updates, I think I set it to 365 days?
That's right. You can postpone version updates by 1 year.

I'm on 1803 build 17134.345

That's right. You can postpone version updates by 1 year.

What I have found with v1803 is that I lost Calculator a while back and others have recently disappeared from the start menu app panel. When I posted about this a few weeks (month or more?) back others said such has happened to them but could well return.

I surmise only accepting 1809 will bring calculator back amongst others.......... cynical, perhaps ;)

Once I am sure 1809 has overcome it's issues I will likely update.

I'm on 10803 and have calculator. always have, I use it regularly

I'm on 10803 and have calculator. always have, I use it regularly

1803 here too, with latest update (after 1809 fail) on 10/11/18 and calculator is installed. Don't use it much though.

What I have found with v1803 is that I lost Calculator a while back and others have recently disappeared from the start menu app panel. When I posted about this a few weeks (month or more?) back others said such has happened to them but could well return.

I surmise only accepting 1809 will bring calculator back amongst others.......... cynical, perhaps ;)

Once I am sure 1809 has overcome it's issues I will likely update.
I'm sorry, calculator was removed?

Do you just mean the shortcut?

Press win key + R to bring up the run box then type calc and hit enter.

See if it opens.

I'm sorry, calculator was removed?

Do you just mean the shortcut?

Press win key + R to bring up the run box then type calc and hit enter.

See if it opens.

Yes, tried directly via the "run" command box but nothing happens......I get a dialogue box telling me I need a new app to run calculator.

Back