Recent Wedding

26219392_1536825016430116_2479609613515913759_n.jpg

Nice to see you back, it’s a lovely tale, a great set of images.

What a beautiful set & great story.:)

Wowza!

The B&W shots, especially the ones with a little movement in are beautiful.

Shame this thread hasn't got more comments but it's too far removed from what does 'well' on here unfortunately. Amazing work Ben. Hope you are busy.

Haven't looked in here for a while either and so good to see this. Your work intrigues me Ben. I do love your story telling and your eye. I love your work, but... I just don't dig the processing, too dull for me. I know it's cool, in-vogue, the moody, desaturated thing, and part of me kind of likes it, which doesn't make sense, but I just find weddings colourful affairs and Positano is certainly colourful. Anyway, processing is just a matter of taste, but I can see beyond that and appreciate your natural talent, it's still lovely work.

Wowza!

The B&W shots, especially the ones with a little movement in are beautiful.

Shame this thread hasn't got more comments but it's too far removed from what does 'well' on here unfortunately. Amazing work Ben. Hope you are busy.

Hey Gareth,

Appreciate the comments Cheers for taking a look. Things are good, hope they are for you too!

Haven't looked in here for a while either and so good to see this. Your work intrigues me Ben. I do love your story telling and your eye. I love your work, but... I just don't dig the processing, too dull for me. I know it's cool, in-vogue, the moody, desaturated thing, and part of me kind of likes it, which doesn't make sense, but I just find weddings colourful affairs and Positano is certainly colourful. Anyway, processing is just a matter of taste, but I can see beyond that and appreciate your natural talent, it's still lovely work.

Thanks! Very kind.

Positano is definitely colourful. And editing will always be personal taste. Not saying you’re wrong but it’s interesting as I’ve always thought my work is fairly contrasty, with warm tones.

Thanks! Very kind.

Positano is definitely colourful. And editing will always be personal taste. Not saying you’re wrong but it’s interesting as I’ve always thought my work is fairly contrasty, with warm tones.

It is contrasty and warm for sure, just a very muted palette. Like I said, I kinda get it and it’s very much the thing at the moment but you have been doing it for some time. Always strikes me as more like an aged look and have wondered how it would look printed in say an album. The yellow and red tones kill the blue/green elements for me. It suits portraiture but I personally think the landscape tones get washed out. But, processing is a very personal thing which I fully appreciate.

Last edited:
It is contrasty and warm for sure, just a very muted palette. Like I said, I kinda get it and it’s very much the thing at the moment but you have been doing it for some time. Always strikes me as more like an aged look and have wondered how it would look printed in say an album. The yellow and red tones kill the blue/green elements for me. It suits portraiture but I personally think the landscape tones get washed out. But, processing is a very personal thing which I fully appreciate.

Yeah, I definitely prefer editing to be more understated. It does look great in an album.

A very very beautiful set of pictures capturing their love for each other without looking staged or cheesy. And a great location too.

I have to say that I think the bride looks rather gorgeous. The groom is a handsome fella but I do wish that he had been properly brought up to know that on such occasions he should button his jacket except when sitting down! It looks sloppy otherwise and lets him down. If I was father of the bride I would be telling him.

A very very beautiful set of pictures capturing their love for each other without looking staged or cheesy. And a great location too.

I have to say that I think the bride looks rather gorgeous. The groom is a handsome fella but I do wish that he had been properly brought up to know that on such occasions he should button his jacket except when sitting down! It looks sloppy otherwise and lets him down. If I was father of the bride I would be telling him.

Thanks! Yeah, no need for staged when it all flows naturally.

They were a good looking couple for sure. I think the unbuttoned jacket is a sign of the times - I shoot some fairly fancy weddings and the grooms never have them done up.

There was no father of the bride. It was just the two of them there

Such a beautiful set of images of a beautiful couple. I love the way they're so wrapped up in each other and and unaware of the people watching them as they walk through the streets. I'm sitting here with s stupid grin on my face remembering my wedding. You did an amazing job for these two. Well done.

Great set of shots and told a very nice story.

slightly different tack, but those getting married abroad may find it difficult to get a copy of the marriage certificate if the original goes missing? A friend of mine wanted a copy so he could get a divorce and she held onto the certificate . He could not prove he was married in court to get the divorce. Bit more to that but won't go into details

Always best to get more than one copy

Mods please move if in wrong thread

Last edited:
Such a beautiful set of images of a beautiful couple. I love the way they're so wrapped up in each other and and unaware of the people watching them as they walk through the streets. I'm sitting here with s stupid grin on my face remembering my wedding. You did an amazing job for these two. Well done.

Aww thanks Nick! That's cool it brought memories of your own wedding back. They were very much in love, it was great to witness as they were both so lovely.

Great set of shots and told a very nice story.

Thank you.

Beautiful photos and love the tones!

Thanks a lot Tracy.

slightly different tack, but those getting married abroad may find it difficult to get a copy of the marriage certificate if the original goes missing? A friend of mine wanted a copy so he could get a divorce and she held onto the certificate . He could not prove he was married in court to get the divorce. Bit more to that but won't go into details

Always best to get more than one copy

Mods please move if in wrong thread

I think they were legally married back home in Australia, but that's interesting.

Superb work and I do love the processing!
I'm quite new to this, I mainly do landscapes but I would appreciate any advice when it comes to processing on that style. I recently did a friends wedding and I'm trying to achieve a similar look but I don't even know where to start!

Superb work and I do love the processing!
I'm quite new to this, I mainly do landscapes but I would appreciate any advice when it comes to processing on that style. I recently did a friends wedding and I'm trying to achieve a similar look but I don't even know where to start!

Thanks for commenting.

For me, the curves are a very powerful tool so have a play with them to get the contrast and tones you are after.

Back