Recent work!

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello!

I haven't been posting very frequently recently, what with getting a new job and pushing hard on getting more time behind the camera I've only now found I've had the appropriate shots to upload!

Even I'll admit, my work with the automotive rig is going okay, but I'm really struggling with the editing process. Any tips?

Anyway, here's some of my work from 2014;

First up is a friends Civic. I had alot of fun shooting this one as I essentially had free access to an entire multi story car park. I did put my rig on it but didn't consider the overhead lights and it caused me too much of a problem in the edit. Atleast, it surpassed my skill in photoshop. Anyway, onto this pics!

12272193045_0e6b2af3ac_z.jpg

12272484066_810b5dce14_z.jpg

12272608016_3d4223476d_z.jpg

Couple of shots from the JCW Mini shoot I did about a week back. Can any rig aficionados give me some tips on how to avoid and get rid of the boom reflections?

#4 - Went for a wheel to camera shot and I'm marmiting over it big time.. :/
12877609225_8ae06bb30c_z.jpg

12877808123_6ff887fba4_z.jpg

12877772983_7ee6c2bb81_z.jpg

C&C VERY WELCOME!

I REALLY like those - Number 1 is my fav :)
Thanks dude!

I'm noticing the difference in my photography compared to my early work.. makes me realise I'm not getting worse atleast!

Just a few personal observations,
No1 has a bit to much emphasis on the backlight maybe a reflector to bring up the front a bit and allow the sky to darken ?
No 2 like the word ' street ' appearing in the back ground, I would have tried different angle to minimise the building on the left.
No3 green spot bothers me , but I'm picky like that :) otherwise lens flare gives it impact
No4 sorry but photoshop is the answer to that one. Wheel to camera with that camera angle looks like it is moving fast so no problem there.
No5 fine
No 6 for me there is too much going on in the top right, maybe alter the angle of the shot to clean up the back ground ?
Hope this is useful crit

Just a few personal observations,
No1 has a bit to much emphasis on the backlight maybe a reflector to bring up the front a bit and allow the sky to darken ?
No 2 like the word ' street ' appearing in the back ground, I would have tried different angle to minimise the building on the left.
No3 green spot bothers me , but I'm picky like that :) otherwise lens flare gives it impact
No4 sorry but photoshop is the answer to that one. Wheel to camera with that camera angle looks like it is moving fast so no problem there.
No5 fine
No 6 for me there is too much going on in the top right, maybe alter the angle of the shot to clean up the back ground ?
Hope this is useful crit

Exactly what I was asking for! Thanks!

I've invested in a nice CPL filter for my 17-40, that should combat the difficult reflections for definite. I don't have any reflectors but they are super cheap on amazon so I'll certainly pick one of those up!

I really need to hammer down on my photoshop skills to be honest, they're definitely not where I want them to be in terms of progression.

I seriously appreciate your crit! Welcome to TP too :)

I'll
Glad it helped.
I have used friends holding white bed sheets as reflectors before, big, easy to transport and washable .
be sure to keep a bedsheet in my bag as a useful addition to my kit! That's a really good idea!

Back