Rechargeable batteries

Name
Jak
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys, I’m looking for some rechargeable AA batteries. My only experience is Duracell but I’m wondering if there are any better options?

I would like 2400 mAh as a minimum. Any suggestions please? Thank you in advance ;)

Last edited:
The IKEA ones are similar to Eneloop too.

IKEA are superb.

Thank you all, very much appreciated. I'll check them out :)
Eneloop.

I also believe that the Amazon Basics rechargeable are re-wrapped Eneloops and a bit cheaper.

The IKEA ones are similar to Eneloop too.

Eneloop Pro 2500mAh are well regarded.

Ikea LADDA 2450 batteries are good; and a bargain compared to Eneloop Pro.

IKEA are superb.

I’ve got a lot from (own brand) 7dayshop, hold their charge like Eneloop and good price. I see they only sell branded now but price may be competitive.

Thanks Richard ;)

Thank you Paul, much appreciated ;)

I've used an unusual option for some of my flash guns that MIGHT be suitable.

Replacing a pair of normal AA batteries with one AA sized lithium polymer battery (14500) & one AA dummy battery (aka shunt) . This gives slightly more voltage than normal AA rechargeables (3.7V compared to two AA giving '3V') so could damage more sensitive equipment. Fortunately my flashes were cheap, so low risk, and trials show both the batteries & the flashguns recharge significantly quicker.

This option seems to work much better than the various low self discharge NiMH I've used previously.

I've been using Amazon rechargeable batteries for over a year and they have all been great.

I got a set of LADDA batteries AA 2450mAh/AA 1900mAh/AAA 750mAh when I was in IKEA at the weekend, because of this thread.

Back