recomend a printer

wegotitugetit

On the hit list !!!
Name
alex
Edit My Images
Yes
my kodak decided to finally give up well it has communication error and wont print we tried everything to get it sorted
latest update's
new wire
was on wifi originally so took it to hard cable still no use so getting to point of buying a new one
it shows the printer is there it knows it is there it shows ink colour on the mac and laptop but wont print

so what i need is a printer that will print photo's ,do most printing ie emails web pages

must be wifi printing or air printing so i can use the mac , ipad and iphone and android to print this is a must

and one that uses ink very well not one that needs a ink cartridge every 5 mins

was thinking epson but open to suggestions

max of £100 having to put this on my credit card which i really cant afford to do but in need one asap so amazon would be ideal if i can get it at the right price

Last edited:
Just dumped my Kodak in the bin, that's the second one 2.5 yrs just after the warranty ran out, problem printing black text, cleaning printhead or new cart's couldn't fix problem even taking out cartridge holder out and cleaning that made no difference. Then my patience ran out, opened the back door and threw it up the back garden. I'll never buy Kodak again.
Went down to Currys and got a Canon 5350s £89.99 after reading reviews on lot's of printers up to the value of £100.00. A lot quieter, not clunky like the Kodak, prints nice sharp black text again, it's faster than the old one, it's USB or Wifi, prints onto cd/dvd discs via the adapter that is supplied with it, prints on both sides of paper if required, plain paper tray is in a slide out drawer in the base of the printer, if using photo paper you raise the feed tray at the rear and use that for photo, leaving photo paper on the rear tray and plain in the drawer apparently the printer will decide which one to use depending on what your printing. It's easy to install, more importantly it print's out a good photo ...I'm happy with the quality.

Don't know anything about Airprint or Macs but according to PCWorld's advert it supports Airprint/Android.

5 cartridges which you can also get compatible catridges which will be cheaper if you feel that way inclined. Lifespan ...well I've only had it 24 hours so I can't really say but if it is anything like my old Canon printer I had in the days of Win XP it will last a lot longer than Kodak ...I hope:)

Last edited:
Got one of those myself..... awesome machine but like with any inkjet, use it regularly or the heads can get clogged ;)

Canon PIXMA MG5450 All-In-One Colour Printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Wi-Fi, Touch control and Air Print)

this is the one i have gone with 2 seperate blacks one for paper one for photo paper which i thouhgt was cool and also 2x seperate paper trays as mentioned above and air print too well happy

I did have a canon mp610 which was very good. However, I wanted wireless so got a canon mg3250 instead. Not as good but smaller and great to use wirelessly. I don't print much so fine for what it is.

As suggested earlier Epson heads are prone to clogging.
My personal choice would be from the Canon Pixma range.

Back