Recomend me a slr

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Okay I've got 200 pounds to spend and I am looking for a good nikon slr, my zenit and canon eos 300 just don't cut it any more!

Ones I'd look at first...

Manual: F3 (pro body), FE2, FM2n

Auto: F100, F80

:agree: F100, nice one for sale on forum right now. (y)

thanks for the replies, after looking at the suggested ones, the FM2N takes my fancy.

Another vote for the Nikon F3.

I have just brought a near mint one for £100 of ebay.

I was pleased to find that it works in aperture priority mode mode as well as manual.

Also try and get something with the black finish - looks so much better than the silver/black combination

I was always quite fond of the "panda" style FM2 and so forth from that era.

Now the silver finish on some of the cheaper Canon EOS range and some of the F-series Nikons were absolutely gopping!

Going to pop into the local camera shop on the weekend and have a play with some of the above, only one he doesn't have is the f100

Okay I've got 200 pounds to spend and I am looking for a good nikon slr, my zenit and canon eos 300 just don't cut it any more!

Well it's nice to have an expensive camera, but like most things it all boils down to the weakest link e.g. a £200 lens on a £10 camera would give you better results compared to a £10 lens on a £200 camera. ;)

I don't care about makes of bodies, so for £200 I'd get a T90 with matching flashgun for £70 and some excellent FD lenses with the £130 left.

Going to pop into the local camera shop on the weekend and have a play with some of the above, only one he doesn't have is the f100

F90 is the next one down but it hardly compares.
Probably the F100 is closer to an F5 than an F90, so if he chucks a few plastic fantastic F65-F90's at you as a replacement tester, they won't be close..:)

I don't care about makes of bodies, so for £200 I'd get a T90 with matching flashgun for £70 and some excellent FD lenses with the £130 left.

Guess it depends how much non-DX Nikon glass you already have.

Running two different systems can be fun but you'll end up buying everything twice. Having said that, if you go manual focus you might find you want some of the older lenses anyway, just for the finer manual focus control.

Guess it depends how much non-DX Nikon glass you already have.

Running two different systems can be fun but you'll end up buying everything twice. Having said that, if you go manual focus you might find you want some of the older lenses anyway, just for the finer manual focus control.

For manual focus lenses the:- best, excellent, versatile, cheap, bodies are from Canon and Minolta...no problem with M42 or Tamron adapters.

Back