Recommend a camera for cycling

Name
michael
Edit My Images
No
Hi there has anybody got any thoughts on a camera to take biking . I’m in a club and have always wanted to combine the two hobbies as well as being user-friendly whilst on my bike . I have a canon m50 with a 22mm lens and although small enough I can’t seem to find a case to use whilst out riding . I seem to want it all and all replies gratefully received thank in advance

My little Olympus O-MD E-M10 Mk2 goes into one of my panniers surrounded by a fleece/jacket. :)

You could attach a GoPro to your handle bars or even your helmet with a rubber band and take shots on the move.

Last edited:
If you can live with a fixed focal length I'd suggest a Fuji X100.

My preferences for a cycling camera is something small and light. I have a Canon G7MkII and a Sony RX100M6 which will both slip into a jersey pocket and a Fuji X100f which slips into a handlebar mounted soft bottle bag. As Lewis says above, the Fuji X100 series are fixed lens but IQ is better than the more compact cameras (bigger sensor). The Sony and Canon both have zoom lenses so are more flexible.

I used to take the Sony rx100 IV with me on my bike tours, and now I take the Sony ZV-1. They fit in any pocket on the front handlebars or in the pocket of your pants.
Focal length (converted) 24-70mm and also good to use as a video camera.

To remember: small cameras have small controls. Before buying test extensively whether the camera suits you.

Best regards, Uli

You could attach a GoPro to your handle bars or even your helmet with a rubber band and take shots on the move.
I agree ,I use a go pro type of camera on my motor cycle . It is not a genuine Go Pro but it certainly is as good in my opinion and a fraction of the price. If you happen to come off your bike and damage it, it's not a great loss.

I use a Canon G9 in a camera bag that is just the size of the camera, in a handlebar bag. Durable, a good zoom, excellent pictures. A well designed camera with a good control layout and seems well suited to the pictures I take whilst cycling.

Back