Recommend a DVD box set

I've not seen it serialised but I did watch the full length movie version, very impressive but quite depressing in places. Great series / movie though!

Mildred pierce was good, Kate Winslet mini series set in the 1920s

Alias, sopranos, brothers and sisters, cougar town (old but sill good). Newer stuff walking dead, the blacklist, bluestone 42, the 100, orange is the new black, helix

Like you we like to have a series on the go too

Signed up for a free months trial of netflix yesterday. Homeland and Breaking Bad both on there along with a few others mentioned above, no game of thrones though. Made a start on Homeland and picture quality was good and no buffering/pauses at all over 2 hours. Impressed.
My only worry now is what my broadband download limit is!

If you want comedy then I'd recommend Arrested Development - one of the funniest series I've seen in years.

There is a breaking bad spin off coming soon supposedly end of the year and they have been talks/rumours of another season of breaking bad but I don't know if that'll be a good idea or a really bad idea

Forced myself through series one of Dexter. The lead character was ok but the rest was basically fairly dire. Shallow characters, cringe worthy at times. Unrealistic scenarios, slow. Wont be bothering with the other 8 series.

Time to force myself through the last 2 episodes of Breaking Bad series one and see if anything happens before I go back to Person of Interest. Which isnt perfect but at least theres some action in it.

Also might give Firefly a go.

Breaking Bad
Six feet under
American horror story
Spartacus
Game of Thrones
Sopranos

I've recently started watching Damages, I'd not heard of it before but my sister bought me the first 3 series on DVD. I'd really recommend it as a really good story line but without the ridiculous action scenes of things like 24 (which I admit I love too).

I've recently started watching Damages, I'd not heard of it before but my sister bought me the first 3 series on DVD. I'd really recommend it as a really good story line but without the ridiculous action scenes of things like 24 (which I admit I love too).

Is that with Glenn Close?

Is that with Glenn Close?
Yeah, with Ted Danson, Tate Donavan, and Rose Byrne . It seems to be a good blend of genres in that its centred around a law firm but the story line gives enough twists, turns, intrigue, and action.

Yeah, with Ted Danson, Tate Donavan, and Rose Byrne . It seems to be a good blend of genres in that its centred around a law firm but the story line gives enough twists, turns, intrigue, and action.

Thanks. I remember seeing it advertised when it was first aired and being interested, but I never did get around to seeing it.
You've jogged my memory! :)

and no one has mentioned PRIMEVAL :(

Just realised nobody has mentioned one of the best ever productions, Das Boot

The original version is great, so good you don't even notice the subtitles after a short while
yes agree its an amazing film one of my favourites, not a series though:)

Falling skies started so well...but sadly has lost the plot imo.
The Office USA....well forget the fact that the UK original was dire, the US version is the stuff of mercy killings.

Back