Beginner Recommend a good not expensive online printing service.

Name
alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
Looking for a good online printing service for photos uploaded from my laptop. Simple easy system that delivers by post. Not expensive but good quality.
Thanks.

This^
The only downside is their P&P, which means small orders become expensive. But as long as you're buying plenty of prints or large prints they're great value.

Have had good results from snapfish cheap as chips with discount codes.

Some good ones around. Each will have their following. Pick one with good reviews.

If you keep an eye on Amazon/Groupon, a few companies have printing offers from time to time. One recently was 200 6x4 prints FREE with a few pounds P&P.

DS Colourlabs and Snapfish : I can't upload photos to send for prints. It's either very very slow or I'm doing something wrong.

For just decent prints of snapshot quality - DSC, Photobox, and doubtless many others. I suspect that they're much of a muchness, generally, since they're likely to use similar machines to dev / scan / print.

It depends what your quality criteria are. Try a few labs & compare 'em. Study the results and draw your own conclusions.

If you want exhibition quality (more control), open your wallet a bit wider.

Within all that, there's no substitute for discipline and care at the user end. No purses from sow's ears.

Pro am imaging recommended to me by one of the media tutors at local college, when I did the course.

DS Colour Labs for me and second Phil- you can easily spend more on postage and packaging than on prints- still beats a high quality printer and inks for me though

I've always been happy with Snapfish, good enough to be up on the wall in my house and cheap enough.

Thanks for all your replies. I've registered with Proam Imaging. Had a problem about when to upload photos because it asks for card details first. Rang them and the manager was very helpful but talked of terms that I don't completely understand : e.g. is my camera full-frame ( 50D) ? don't think it is.? Said I should re-size my photos before uploading, but didn't really understand that. He also said Boots produces about the same quality, which surprised me. This was after we talked about costs e.g. 20 photos cost £6 plus £6 postage. He said most customers ordered in bulk.But I did say I'd give it a go as he seemed very genuine.

I'm guessint they are 8 x 6 prints then.. the 50D is APS-C not full frame and images should be placed in zipped folders with the folders named the of the size you want them printed ( so multiple folders if you want various sizes ). they also use there own ICC colour profile which is Fuji DP2 ICM, to colour match your images with there printers.
postage seems to have doubled since I last used them though and prices as well have gone up quite a bit. I had 30 16 x 12 off them and don't recall paying much more than 50 pence a print. though the quality when they arrived was exceptional.
I also had a batch of 6 x 8 from dscolourlabs and was dissapointed with not only the colour but the paper too.

If you want exhibition quality (more control), open your wallet a bit wider.

Anyone got any recommendations for high quality prints - I would love to see just what one/some of my pictures look like printed to a higher quality than DSCL - I have no idea what might be possible.

Pro Am are brilliant, if you have a good colour setup.

Loxley are good, I used to hate the kodak paper, but now all my stuff gets sent there.

I tried Lidl photo printing service recently. I had a bunch of files and just wanted hard copies for record. The 7"x5" cost about 20p each and postage was very reasonable, service was quick.
The quality for me was as good as Boots which I'd been using before their prices went through the roof.
If you're not after anything special (paper, presentation and so on) but want faithful reproduction, I can recommend them.

I'm guessint they are 8 x 6 prints then.. the 50D is APS-C not full frame and images should be placed in zipped folders with the folders named the of the size you want them printed ( so multiple folders if you want various sizes ). they also use there own ICC colour profile which is Fuji DP2 ICM, to colour match your images with there printers.
postage seems to have doubled since I last used them though and prices as well have gone up quite a bit. I had 30 16 x 12 off them and don't recall paying much more than 50 pence a print. though the quality when they arrived was exceptional.
I also had a batch of 6 x 8 from dscolourlabs and was dissapointed with not only the colour but the paper too.
Thanks, Dean..will give it a go. Yes, 8x6 ( how do you work that out? :)) Right, zipped folders...the next task.

Back