Recommend a good on-line photolab

lot of love for dcsl here.

I alwyas use simlab, prints are exceptional but it does annoy me that they charge VAT on the delivery charge.

Looking at the prices, DCSL are cheaper. Anyone had a comparison from both simlab and dcsl?

lot of love for dcsl here.

I alwyas use simlab, prints are exceptional but it does annoy me that they charge VAT on the delivery charge.

Looking at the prices, DCSL are cheaper. Anyone had a comparison from both simlab and dcsl?

Only comparison I know of is that DSCL charge VAT on delivery too...it is the rules..

Ive only ever used their pro service as I prefer to do my own processing and sizing.

Give them a call to ask what they do if the pro option isnt used. They are very nice people and I'm sure they will be able to help (y)

I emailed dscl this morning re the pro and standard service and this is the reply it got within 20 minutes:

"All are pro service means the files are untouched so we can match your monitor when using paper profiles and the auto is an automatic adjustment to the files, make sure your files are srgb and use pro service."

Can't say clearer than that. They recommend the pro service over the standard.

Thanks to both for the info. :)

Only comparison I know of is that DSCL charge VAT on delivery too...it is the rules..

But it's included in their price, what I mean is, dscl charge 3.99 including vat, but sim charge a fiver and then add vat.

Dscl is chaper for prints and delivery

i just got my latest camera club competion photos back and one is far to dark and the other is horrible way way to bright. I was using the standard service.

I printed the dark one on the office xerox and it was much closer to the image on my pc

I will try and get them printed at local camera shop if I get time to go into town

just done first order from DSCL, really nice and loads cheaper than my now previous supplier which was cheap enough

Back