Recommend me a laptop

Name
Kelvin Fagan
Edit My Images
No
I have budget of around £400, and want to buy my first laptop. It's main use will be for downloading images from the camera, maybe some editing while I am at the motor racing circuit. Do all new laptops come with Vista or can I specify XP? Any advice most welcome.

Can I ask what it is about Vista that puts you off it?

I'm used to using XP, I just want continuity at home, work and with a laptop.
Have to admit I've not used VISTA, I suppose I might like it?

thanks for replies guys!

take a look at the Samsung NC10, it's a netbook with full size keyboard, running xp, it has an actual battery life of some 7 hrs achieveable !!. I bought one about 1 month ago & am absolutely delighted with it.
One thing to mention though is it doesn't have a full size screen, forget the actual dimensions right now, but I still love mine :)

ive just started using Vista and to be honest i prefer XP, i dont like the layout or the freedom i feel ive lost

I have finally ordered a Laptop, it's a Toshiba Satellite Pro L300-1FN, with 15.4 screen and comes with Vista. Delivery is tomorrow, 9th March, I will let you know how I get on with it.

This post coming via the new laptop... took a while for me to get it to recognize my internet connection... but we got there in the end!

Tomorrow going to see if the wi fi will work ok

Nice feel to the machine, think I'm going to enjoy using it

The wi fi seems to work :)

i got a acer 3575 from comet the other week for £470.

4gb ddr and 500gb hdd.

i got it over a 6month payment plan... cant beat that deal at the moment,.,

In Tesco this week I saw Acer laptops.
Pentium processor
250 GB HD
3GB RAM
Vista
Think the price was £429.

Windows 7 is out in beta form now and will soon be the default OS.
It allegedly has sorted out all the difficulties and dislikes people have had with Vista.
Time will tell.

well it looks the same as vista so that wont change.

the only initial problems with vista was the fact that hardware vendors were slow off the mark with drivers and the fact that machine makers shipped vista boxes with stupidly small amounts of RAM.

Back