Recommend me a lens?

Edit My Images
Yes
Im off on holidays soon, I need something (second hand) to use for land scapes, EF or EF S Canon fitment, Zoom, but also for kids etc, cheap as possible, IS , USM or STM, Im totally new to lenses so any advice welcomed.

What lenses do you currently own?
What do you find limiting about them?
What is your budget?

Currently have a 50mm 1;1.8 STM prime, Limitations are no zoom, no image stabilisation.

And a EFS 18-55 mm, no stabilisation,

So I guess IS and zoom is quite important to me thinking about it, the 18-55 could zoom in a bit more and stay stable when hand held and the 50mm could be wider.

Budget is as cheap as possible as I also have a holiday to pay for. So second hand, 100-150 quid?

Anyone used a EF-S 17-85 4-5.6 IS USM lens? That would give me stabilisation, zoom and a 17mm focal length.

Yes, I owned one before I got a 17-55, pretty nice lens. Owned mine for 18 months and was pleased with the results.

I have been reading some reviews, did they ever fix the reliability issues with the ri9bbon cable?

something like a sigma 17-50 f2.8 has stabilisation and faster that your lens
or maybe a canon 50-250 great little zoom lens

I have been reading some reviews, did they ever fix the reliability issues with the ri9bbon cable?
No - I had one fail - and many others here I'm sure have experienced it too... The canon 10-18mm is the wider range you might be looking for (£179 from HDEW).. The Canon 70-200mm f4 IS might also be worth a look if you're considering a zoom for more distance work. (Longer lenses usually benefit from IS - shorter lenses can get away without it)

No - I had one fail - and many others here I'm sure have experienced it too... The canon 10-18mm is the wider range you might be looking for (£179 from HDEW).. The Canon 70-200mm f4 IS might also be worth a look if you're considering a zoom for more distance work. (Longer lenses usually benefit from IS - shorter lenses can get away without it)

If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure I replaced mine myself. I certainly took the lens apart I know that much!

The lens is nothing too special but it's good for the money.

The lens I use for most of my shots is the Canon 18 -135mm. It is still a kit lens but much more versatile.

Back