recommend me a macro lens

Name
richard duncanson
Edit My Images
Yes
as above really im after a cheapish (if possible) macro lens for my d60 but i dont really know what im looking for or where i should be looking

i want to try some water droplets and some close up flowers if that makes any differnce to the lens i need?

TIA
Richie

damn wrong section, sorry

Define cheapish?

THere are a few ways to get into macro. The cheapest is probably a close up lens that screws to the front of your current lens - although quality is rarely as good
Next up you can buy extension tubes - about £100 for a full set and they allow your normal lenses to focus closer
Finally you got dedicated macro lenses - starting at about £200. The best option but most expensive - The Sigma 105mm Macro is highly regarded as a good start

i think the extension tubes would be better for now as i want to get a zoom lens as well, where would be the best place to get the extension tubes?

i've noticed that a tamron lens i am looking at (70-300mm) has "macro" in the description, would this be any good for things like the water droplet shots i've seen on here?

Cheers
Richie

Back