Recommend me a phone guys

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Finally the time has come to replace my mobile, don't really want to but the old thing I have has come to the end of it's days :( (don't ask which model it is, all I know is it's a Nokia)

I'm looking for Sim Free, bluetooth, NOT too small, can't be doing with those things you push 4 buttons at one time trying to press one, might as well have a camera. All the extra bells and whistles are meaningless to me and I won't use them anyway. Top whack is about £200/£250. I've seen the Nokia 6630 which looks like it might fit the nbill but any other suggestions?

Probably not your cup of tea, but shameless pimp here, I've just decided to sell my Sony Ericsson t610.

It's small (not too small), sim free, has bluetooth. Has bells and whistles, but not too many.

I've sent details in a PM.

get back to you tomorrow on that :thumb:

Still open to suggestions though, keeping all options open :)

I'm currently using a T610, but my lad has just got one of these....

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Samsung_SGH_D500__6307614

Very impressive - I may think about upgrading in the new year. It's quite small, but all the sliding and closing is a one-handed operation and the keys are a reasonable size for thumb entry.

That PM aside...:)

I used to be a Nokia fan until I went down the SonyEricsson route. They usually tend to be small, but not too small, with just the right amount of features and facilities.

Marcel said:
That PM aside...:)

I used to be a Nokia fan until I went down the SonyEricsson route. They usually tend to be small, but not too small, with just the right amount of features and facilities.

same here. Once you had a SE you wont look back.

I would suggest a SE k750i , but have no idea what they fetch sim free.

Mine has been nothing short of excellent, and i'll defintely be looking forward to the next generation SE's

Sparky said:
same here. Once you had a SE you wont look back.

I would suggest a SE k750i , but have no idea what they fetch sim free.

Mine has been nothing short of excellent, and i'll defintely be looking forward to the next generation SE's

The 750i I can get for £250 and I have to admit it's tempting, if only for the camera bit.

Having said that I just look at a mobile as a necessary evil, I usually have to phone it to find it :embarasse Makes Marcel's offer look very attractive :)

the k750i is great and works well as an mp3 player too. also the samsungs d500/600 are very good. avoid the motorolas as they are a bit slow to navigate, i have one just because it looks nice, its not a great phone tho.

I find myself using my mobile less and less. I used to be one of those that was really eager to upgrade every year, then I thought "Why?". I never used most of the features.

The only thing I want out of a phone now, is long battery life, ability to connect to my PC (usually Bluetooth), and the ability to play funky ringtones, like the Pink Panther or something..lol

Oh and make calls.

well, ended up getting a great deal by changing from O2 to vodaphone, getting cash back, cheaper call rates and a 750i. Was too good a deal to turn down :)

i got a V3 Black, one of the first i might add,

you could always buy a pink one, lol

MyPix

I had a Motorola v525 which I had for a less than a week before I lost it, and it turned up in pieces two days later. :(

Just got another one off eBay for £40. Bloody good phone. If I wanted a contract phone I would have gone for a v3 though.

I've got a Sony Errriicccccsssson something or other with all the whistles and bells and the old Nokia I have is still easier to use.

I still just use it to make phone calls so what's the point in having all the gimmicks - the novelty wears off in about a week.

Arkady said:
I still just use it to make phone calls so what's the point in having all the gimmicks - the novelty wears off in about a week.
That's pretty much how I feel about it. I don't even carry it with me most of the time and nobody bothers to text me as they know I don't reply :D
If my old one hadn't given up the ghost I wouldn't have been changing it at all.

Bought a small Siemens A something S/H on EBAy for £20....holds battery for a week & allows discrete ringtone.........nuff said.

Back