Recommend me a printer

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
I get a lot of portrait prints done (families with white backgrounds mostly) and usually use DSCL for my printing.

What would be a comparable printer I could have at home, which prints same quality and inks that last without fading?

Thanks

how much have you got to spend? I got the canon pixma pro 100 and thats lovely.

I guess I'm willing to pay whatever it takes to match the kind of prints I get done professionally at the moment. I hear these kind of printers give great looking prints. I guess I'm concerned about the longevity of the inks. I don't want to hear from my customers a couple of years down the line that their prints have faded!!

Epson 3880 or bigger

If you want longevity, suggest you use good quality paper (i.e. OEM branded or from someone like ilford, canson, fotospeed or permajet) and OEM ink, although a recent thread suggested that some third party inks are OK.

Not sure there's much to choose between Canon and Epson printers, it's a bit like choosing between Canon and Nikon - people tend to recommend what they've got. So I'll recommend the Epson R3000 as I've got one and its fantastic, especially black and white, although a full set of ink cartridges will set you back over £100......

Back