Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm facing another couple of months of cancer treatement basically
sat on the sofa a lot and it's boring.

So having just bought an Xbox 1 S I'm looking for recommendations
of games to kill some time.

My previous gaming stopped at Doom 3 and Call of Duty Modern Warefare.

Ideally what I'm looking for is a mixture of interesting maps to explore,
some thinking plus a reasonable level of mindless violence.

The Chemo is gradually rotting my brain so pure reaction time stuff is no good.

So is there any of the modern stuff you would recommend.

Cheers
Steve

Destiny 2

Edit: I will be playing this for the foreseable future and it can be played in co-op all the time. You're welcome to add me on xbox if you wish to have someone along for the ride.
Gamertag is Orangecroc.

Last edited:
Tomb raider, Definitive and Rise of are both good games, i also liked both Dishonored games 1 and 2.

Fallout 4 is another great game, as is Shadow of Mordor.

Best wishes with your treatment.

Another vote for Destiny 2, It's the main game I play (played Destiny right up to launch of D2) co-op is good, either with friends in party chat or randoms in the openworld doing Public Events, the Destiny community seem genuinely friendly, you'll always get the odd idiot in any game but Destiny seems to have a lot fewer of them.
There's a little thinking involved if you want to and as much mindless violence as you like. Lots of variety and other than the initial campaign to get you up to speed it's very relaxed in what you want to do. You can do the campaign, lots of different missions, just patrol places doing public events or patrols, do specific strikes or blast away at other people in the Crucible, whatever takes your fancy.
P.s. I do not work for Bungie and get nothing for the glowing review, I just really like the game and community (I'm in one of the DoD clans, very friendly).

Another vote for Destiny 2, It's the main game I play (played Destiny right up to launch of D2) co-op is good, either with friends in party chat or randoms in the openworld doing Public Events, the Destiny community seem genuinely friendly, you'll always get the odd idiot in any game but Destiny seems to have a lot fewer of them.
There's a little thinking involved if you want to and as much mindless violence as you like. Lots of variety and other than the initial campaign to get you up to speed it's very relaxed in what you want to do. You can do the campaign, lots of different missions, just patrol places doing public events or patrols, do specific strikes or blast away at other people in the Crucible, whatever takes your fancy.
P.s. I do not work for Bungie and get nothing for the glowing review, I just really like the game and community (I'm in one of the DoD clans, very friendly).
It is definitely the most community oriented game I have ever played, and I have spent many an evening laughing with the people I play with without really acheiving a lot.

Just cause 3, saints row, mad max, if you like war fps then wolfenstein is cheap and really worth playing.

Tomb raider, Definitive and Rise of are both good games, i also liked both Dishonored games 1 and 2.

Fallout 4 is another great game, as is Shadow of Mordor.

Best wishes with your treatment.

Tesco are doing Dishonoured 2 and Fallout 4 for a tenner atm (each)

Thanks for the sugestions. I ended up paying £20 for a years EA access on advice from my cycling forum.

Gaming certainly has moved on a bit since last I tried!

Anyway that's me sorted for the next few months

Cheers
Steve

Far Cry 4 if you've not tried that before.
GTA V always worth a go.
Batman Arkham knight

and what Swissy said.

Back