Recommend me my first camera bag

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all at TP forum :)

After having recently received my first DSLR im on the look out for my first bag.

It will need to be able to carry a Canon 40D with lens fitted plus possibly 1 or2 additional lenses plus sundry items.

Would something like a Lowepro Rezo/Trail fit the bill or maybe something from Crumpler?

What are you guys using when you want to go on a short session without taking all your gear?

Thanks ;)

A slingshot.

I anit got one of these my self but which I bought one.

Much easeir to get the kit out of the bag etc

+1 for the 200 slingshot, my most used bag, i have the 300 minitrekker as well but the slingshot is easier to use.

The slingshot looks like a great bag but maybe a little too large for the kit I have currently?

For instance today I accompanied the wife to the garden centre and thought I'd take the opportunity to try out my macro lens with some flower shots. All I took was the camera and lens but it would have been nice to have had a bag to keep it in when not shooting.

Would a shoulder type bag suit me better than a back pack?

I have to go out to a poker tournament now but I'll catch back up with the thread tomorrow. Thanks for all the responses so far and keep the suggestions coming :)

The slingshot looks like a great bag but maybe a little too large for the kit I have currently?

think of your camera bag like your first flat, you will out grow it, as you acquire more kit.

the aw 200 slingsot come in a 100 version, if you just want a shoulder bag , crumpler have some pretty funky bags

Another vote for the slingshot 200. If you fancy a shoulder type bag Lowepro do the Nova and the Rezo in various sizes so you should find one to suit your needs.

Another vote for the slingshot 200. Fits 40D with 28-135 with lens cap on properly. will store another lens and flash on either side. Small pocket on top for spare batteries and other accessories. Good bag for walking around.

I have no Idea at all what will suit you.
Numerous bags will hold the kit you mention.

Most of us have had many bags over the years whilst looking for the "perfect" one.

But if you see any group of photographers they have all ended up with different choices.

I have notice many slingshot users often put their bag down to change lenses as do back packers.
I am a shoulder bag user and I never put my bag down. I also, unlike many, wear it cross body.

As I said horses for courses

think of your camera bag like your first flat, you will out grow it, as you acquire more kit.

the aw 200 slingsot come in a 100 version, if you just want a shoulder bag , crumpler have some pretty funky bags

Good point. If one thing's for sure it's that my kit will grow in size in the future so maybe the Slingshot would be the sensible buy, not overly large for what I have currently but with room to take some more kit later.

Anyone have one they no longer need? ;)

Back