Recommend me some rechargables for speedlight

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
:help:Been looking round and searching on here, seems the eneloop 2000mAh or higher mAh are the ones to go for but i cant seem too find any good deals.

Will be needing 8 AA's and a compatable charger but i can't seem too find any decent deals at the moment.

So any pointers for some deals or alternatives for batteries.

Will be used in a canon speedlight 430exII if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your :help:.

What about Duracell 2650nAh from Amazon.....there are other alternatives on Amazon....have found it a good place to purchase batteries.

I have used 7dayshops own brand ones for a good few years, recently got a set of eneloops to have a test and they perform much better.. Holding charge for longer and once used for a while they recycle quicker that the own brand ones.
Have also used energiser rechargables and they were rubbish...

Sam

I have used 7dayshops own brand ones for a good few years, recently got a set of eneloops to have a test and they perform much better.. Holding charge for longer and once used for a while they recycle quicker that the own brand ones.
Have also used energiser rechargables and they were rubbish...

Sam

The only caveat with the "Good 2 Go" batteries is that they err, tend not to be and need charged before first use, which kind of defeats the purpose of them. Apart from that they do the job nicely.

I use vapex "instants" in loads of stuff including my D300 battery grip. They work fine except they keep their voltage very well as they discharge so one minute you are on full battery bars and a few dozen shots later it is flashing empty.
I suspect this is true of all the modern NiMH cells though so you just have to either charge them just in case or carry a spare set.

Toby

Toby

The only caveat with the "Good 2 Go" batteries is that they err, tend not to be and need charged before first use, which kind of defeats the purpose of them. Apart from that they do the job nicely.

Of all the 7 sets i have, they all came charged from 7dayshop.

oh yeah, I'm very very happy with them as will you be if you get them.

M.

Last edited:
I use the 7dayshop "good to go" ones never missed a beat...

I would use them again without thought! I have around 12 sets though so won't be buying any for a long time! :D

Sanyo Eneloops have high reviews aswell! (y)

I use the Hybrio batteries and the BL-700 charger (from the same company as is linked to in Amazon for the charger). Been doing so for about 3 years and even the oldest batteries are spot on. I always keep sets together and when they are in the charger they are always the same charge/discharge so very well matched always. Not had a single cell die. I have 8 sets now. I have just got a 2nd BL-700 as it does such a good job.

These are great - Use them in my SB900 - last ages and very well priced:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/UNIROSS-AA-2700mAh-BATTERIES-packs/dp/B0032MK954/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1311181486&sr=8-5

Also just investeed in one of these which is amazing:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Technoline-Intelligent-battery-charger-Version/dp/B003S4JQS2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1311181592&sr=1-1

:)

£40 now - but saves a fortune over a couple of years (y)

EDIT: Lol in the time ive been typing this the chap above has said EXACTLY the same thing DOH !!

Last edited:
I got some Sanyo eneloop XX 2500mAh AA (4 pack) for £11.99 from Battery Logic - :thinking: for a battery they look the biz but haven't quite got around to using them yet thou :confused:

free next day delivery as well.....

Which brand have you used?

I've had Eneloops, Uniross Hybrios and Panasonic Infiniums and all have arrived fully charged and work very well in high drain use (like a flash). They are rated to be at 90% after 12 months so unless you got some very old stock (or used in store before selling them) it seems strange if they werent charged when you got them.

A good charger is as/more important than your choice of batteries... I used a cheap one for years, switched to a decent one and I now see ~ 20% more flashes per charge, and some batteries that were dead now work again :D

Sam

just got some sevenday shop batterys a pack of 20 2900aph for 19.99
they seam ok so far

In my experience Eneloops are the best. Don't be put off by the 2000mah rating they last forever, not only that they hold their charge in the bag if they are not used. They have saved the shoot on many an occasion. Well worth the money.

Back